blather

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all - here's my first post...

IMG02847_resize.jpg

hi blather, looks like milford sound!

Its a very nice capture, couple of things:

1. try moving the horizon lower or higher so its not centered in the middle
2. I would burn the clouds just a smidge and add a tad more contrast to the clouds as well (just a little bit not too much)

good to have you on board matie ;)

To comment on the horizon move, the photo's got plenty of water and clouds so they could just crop it. Personally, I love the pic. It doesn't need it IMO, but you could crop it so it looks like a panoramic. It'd work I think. Welcome to the forums

Looking at the crop both ways, I think it would be cool to re-crop with one leaving more at the top, the other at the bottom and framing as a pair. It almost looks like two different images that way!

Thanks everyone - i'll have a go at recropping. I kinda like the horizon in the middle tho, for this photo - I don't usually.

It's actually Doubtful Sound - one of the Fjords south of Milford Sound. Gets a lovely 8m of rain a year, and in July, was painfully cold and damp!

The cloud, the mountain, the lake has one thing in common. They are all flat and soft, not enough detail. The pic looks overall grey. I wouldn't be in a good mood on that day.

"The cloud, the mountain, the lake has one thing in common. They are all flat and soft, not enough detail. The pic looks overall grey. I wouldn't be in a good mood on that day."

They're flat and soft, because that was the weather conditions. It's a very, very wet place. And it was bitterly cold - I took a photo of what it looked like, really.

Actually, I hate to be the odd one out but I would crop a little off the top rather than the bottom. Move the horizon up to the top 1/3. My logic is around the fact that there is less of interest in the top tiny bit of the pic.

Most reactions

Back