TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of IR shots from today

shipob2.jpg

marshmoonnt0.jpg

what filter are you using?

also, what are the unprocessed images like? would you mind posting one so i can see?

nice, love #1

Thanks guys.

newrmdmike I am using a Hoya R72, very little processing was done to these, a white balance using the clouds or trees as the white point and a levels adjustment to boost contrast.

nice work richard... i like 2 alot...

I'd like to see what they would be like with the IR channel swap... like in these ones iv posted previously.... here

Also, i tend to prefer desaturating the cyan channel... as you often get a cyan cast with the IR filer, something for you to consider trying.

Good job :thumbup:

Right on. Excellent images Richard.

Wow... number 2... i keep going back to take a look, the ground is so eye catching.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Arch I tried a few different things with these including swaping the red and blue channels but in the end just went with close to the originals. The color in your shots is beautiful but I didn't want to go with a blue sky with these to keep them a little more surreal.

I do like the idea of selectivly desaturating the cyan in the second shot, I don't think I would remove it completely but I think a little desaturation might be an improvment. Thanks for the ideas, I will try to post a couple variations later.

I love these IR pictures. If you don't mind. How do you do it? I shot film and would like to try this. Do you use IR film or create this in PS? And If I buy some IR film what would be a good starting point for exposure? Maybe you need an IR how to sticky or something....
Cosmo

Thanks again everyone,

cosmonaut I shoot digital and use a Hoya R72 IR pass filter on my 300D to get the effect.

Im sorry but I can't offer you any advice on IR film having never used it. I do know that some people on the forum have experience with IR film and would more then likely be happy to share their knowledge. Try asking in the Alternative Techniques board in the film section, Im sure you will get lots of help. Good luck, IR is a lot of fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back