Drive

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I felt bored yesterday with nothing to do, so I decided to head to a river a few hours away. Course when I got there it was not how I wanted it to be. Damn Mother Nature and her unpredictable melting patterns. I did find some other photo ops though. Besides the pictures, it was nice getting out and enjoying the end of Winter before Breakup kicks in. The best stop was walking 1/3 mile onto a glacier lake frozen solid I would say, Need to bring skis next time though.

032004.jpg

032104.jpg

032204.jpg

032304.jpg

032404.jpg

032504.jpg

032604.jpg

/edit
I forgot the pano I did. Better then the ones I have done so far but still not quite right.
Indian Valley Edge ~ 280.28 KB 3789 x 400

Yeah you're absolutely right..real boring scenery!
Just kidding of course and those are great shots of beautiful scenery.

Gero, I love it when you post your Alaska photos. They are always breathe taking and composed really well. The reflections are fantastic- glad you are taking the time to share these pics! cheers bro!

Nice shots Gero. Alaska is a very beautiful state. It's also nice to see the snow since it's starting to get very hot around here. Your pano is also very nice. Sometimes pano is the only way to do justice to landscape shots.

Gero, these are beautiful!! The reflections are crisp and pristine. A beautiful set of images here..... could we crop out a little sky in #1, please? :D That's about my only fault-finding of the group. And your B&W is gorgeous.

Not bad a for a Saturday stroll! :wink:

Well thanks guys and gal. I always debate with myself over the amount of sky in some of my photos. On one hand I really like the deep colors in the sky but do see how it just seems like dead space.

032004a.jpg

damn must be hard having stuff like that to photograph
and u do it so well Eric.

*sigh*
those snowy mountains...

Ok, I really like them all but there are to many for me to comment on each one in the short amount of time I have left before I have to run and cook.... so... They are Great. The only one that I would have done differently would be number 3. I would have tried to get the point at where the mountains come together away from that center line. It seems to cut the picture in half. Great reflections.

Again peeps, thanks for the comments.

@c0ntr0lz
Well those mountains are a 45 minute drive at the most. Growing up, my backyard was the base of a mountain. Even in my new place, I look at the horizon and nothing but mountains.

@crystalview
I have been shooting with a canon digital rebel lately. I believe that was the kit lense 18-55mm.

Most reactions

Back