Dust inside lens

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This peice of dust is inside the first layer of glass
How do I get rid of this or am I screwed?

Should I send it into Nikon?

img0286ns5.jpg

-------

Here is how i noticed it.

copyofdsc1874af1.jpg

I would say you should definitely not try to get at it yourself. You might contact Nikon to see if they can do anything about it. In the meantime, Photoshop is your friend.

I would clean the sensor first, and see if that takes care of the problem. All lenses have some dust, and it's usually not a problem. For it to be showing up that strongly in your photos I think it's sitting on the sensor.

I agree, dust on the lens should not be that nicely in focus. just put some dirt on your front lens, you will hardly notice it in the final image.

looks more like dust on the sensor to me.

AHHH, Thank GAWD!!!

Its late now but ill give the sensor a blow tomorrow mornin and go take some shots to find out.

thank you all

AHHH, Thank GAWD!!!

Its late now but ill give the sensor a blow tomorrow mornin and go take some shots to find out.

thank you all

don't use your mouth for blowing though ;) and reed the threads on sensor cleaning on the forum and anywhere on the net ... in case you are not familiar with it...

The spot in your images is caused by dust on the sensor, not the lens, as others have said. Dust inside the lens elements is normal and unimportant. It isn't possible for the lens to focus it. It just indicates you have used your lenses.

YAY!!!

It was just dust on the sensor.

I see chunks of dust through the viewfinder but I dont care its not showing up on the pictures.

BTW the dust on your lens is in the wrong place to cause that spot on your picture. Images are upside down in the camera and if you'll notice where the dust spec is and the image spec...

Clean the sensor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back