Engagement photos.. please C & C

beckyh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sdactionsports.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok here are my first real engagement photos. (I have taken two other couples. Just a face shot for the newspaper two years ago)
Any help would really help me out. I will be taking more of the same couple on my side of the state next month.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

#3 #5 and #6 are the best for me.

Just a couple of thoughts, I hope you don't mind. I love the idea of number 1, but 1 and 7 the couple is just to small to have an impact. The rest are great poses, but might need some lighting help.
The groom is a quite a kisser. I attend and assist at a lot of workshops. When posing and image capture are discussed, the number one tip is to capture the kiss before the lips touch. Every kissing image seems to have the groom in the "extendo kiss pucker". Now I know that a photo shoot is not the time for a kissing lesson, but maybe suggesting moving their heads together, licking their lips, and staring into each other's eyes will keep down the long distance pucker.

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

1 has really nice colors and textures that could have been awesome.. but the couple is lost in the frame

In 2, I wouldn't show that at all... looks like a mug shot!

3 is fun but you were really competing with the sunlight there...

4 and 5 are your best I think.. but it does seem the harsh sunlight is problematic again.

6 is sort of boring to me, and 7 they are too far back and get lost. Again the sunlight is too harsh.

Try shooting at a different time of day possibly next time :)

Thank you all for critiqueing my work. I will try and apply this to my next shoot with the couple next month.

Amber, thanks for the tips with the kissing. I will try everything you said!

Most reactions

Back