Engagement Session

manderb1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bollingersphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recent engagement session I took on Sunday. However, when I uploaded them on photobucket they turned blue...the portraits are NOT this blue, I'm not sure why they changed when uploaded on photobucket though. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to resize them.
DSC_0088-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0110-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0112-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0120-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0122-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0123-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0064-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0067-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0086-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0085-Edit.jpg

DSC_0058-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0038-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0032-Editcopy.jpg

DSC_0040-Editcopy.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comment/critiques are welcome.

Your color problem sounds like a color space issue. For uploading to the web, you will want your images to be sRGB. If they are in another color space, you should convert them before uploading.

It's hard to critique so many images at once...but overall, I'd like to see their faces brighter (and in some cases sharper). #5 & #6, for example could have been brighter...and I just noticed her hand on his shoulder...it looks like that disembodied hand from Tha Adams Family. I always have to tell my subjects to keep their hands off of shoulders...it feels comfortable but usually photographs poorly.
Also, in a couple shots, his glasses are slipping on his nose (this blocking his eyes) and ther are reflecting something on one or two shots. Using a polarizing filter might help this...but it should certainly be avoided when possible (take them off, change position etc).

Overall, it looks like they were comfortable in front of the camera and you captured some nice moments.

Thanks for the help. Next time I will remember to put the pictures in sRGB before I upload them on the web. I did not even notice the "thing" affect (adam's family) but I will look out for that next time. His glass was reflecting the reflector. I noticed that when I was shooting and had my assistant move around where it was less noticeable but ...it was still noticeable. I will definitely work on that.

nice angles but the picture quality feels poor (mainly because of the color)...are you a friend of the couple or did they pay for these?

The color is messed up b/c of conversion to the web. The actual color is great. I will try to repost a few and see if I can get the color to appear right photobucket. This is a paid session

Well aside from the color, they're really nice. I like the one where they're both looking at her ring and the dipping ones. Flirty and fun, perfect for an engagement session.

more examples

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Sorry this is my first time shooting raw, I think the color got distorted when I converted them to JPEG

Except for the color issue quite a few of them are very nice. You did well.

I love a lot of your poses and angles. I so think some of them you couls play around and see if a bit of a closer crop works for you. I played with the first one some if you mind I can take it away. ;)
DSC_0088-Editcopy.jpg

I think some seem a little underexposed but I think they can be worked with in editing. I did a very quick one to the second picture but of course it will have the same photobucket color issues as the original because I didnt save it in a different color space either - in PS your pictures of course didn't look off color and neither did this edit.
original:
DSC_0110-Editcopy.jpg

edit:
DSC_0110-Editcopy2.jpg

Maybe play around with the levels a little and see what you come up with.
7 and 13 seem a bit out of focus and I think you could probably use the burn tool on that glare from the glasses but I never had to try it so I don't know if that works but its worth playing around. :) Good job!

Thank you Rusty_Tripod, I appreciate the kind words.

JimmyJaceyMom, thanks for the advice. I really like the crop you did on the first one.

Surely. You know what my problem is is that I cant seem to stop cropping it in camera the way I will want it to end up - I have a nasty habit of not leaving enough space around the subject then I am screwed if they want it bigger! You are leaving space around which will give you so much room for different crops and sizes!

You have some neat ideas here and I think you did a good job overall - especially with the color fixed. Couple things I noticed...watch the hand positions when you are doing the pose in 9 and 10. It almost looks she is guiding his hand towards a somewhat personal area of her body - especially in 10.
I've done the dip shot before and what doesn't seem as right to me on this one is her head and neck position. Instead of having her leaning backwards with her head upside down, I think it is a lot more flattering if the head is turned more to the side and then back. I can post a small example - poor quality but you get the idea. Even if you want a more dramatic dip you can still show her how to hold her head a little more comfortably so she doesnt get the eyes rolled back in the head look either. I think the really dramatic ones are better if the couple is looking at each other like in #8 or if you can get in position where the girl can naturally turn her head to look at you while the guy's face is bent close to her neck.
dip.jpg

Overall, I think the couple will be pleased. I have my first engagement session on Saturday and I'm so nervous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back