EOS-1Ds Mark II equivalent?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What current camera plays in the same league or is even better than this? Just wondering..

You got me lost there buddy..

H3D. I wouldn't compare it with the 1DS though.

danalec99 said:
H3D. I wouldn't compare it with the 1DS though.

My wife said I could buy one of those. After I make my first $1,000,000.00.;)

But..but..that HD3 has a ISO speed range of only : 50, 100, 200 and 400. Confusing.

And why is it so expenisve?

sincere said:
But..but..that HD3 has a ISO speed range of only : 50, 100, 200 and 400. Confusing.

It has a sensor that is way bigger than that of a full frame 35mm digital sensor. It has two backs. One is 22mp, and the other is 39mp. Does that make sense now? :p

sincere said:

Something like that is for professionals, most likely in a studio setting or else tripod mounted outdoors, (or outdoors but probably with lights)...so a high ISO would not be needed.

I doubt that many medium format film users ever use high speed film...so digital users would not use a high ISO setting for the same reasons.

As for why they are so expensive...the bigger they are...the harder they are to make...very big is very expensive. Plus...to people in the market for those...they are work tools and the cost is not as much of an issue as it is to a hobbyist.

Aaah, i see..comprende..

Most reactions

Back