Equipment in Japan

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a curious, bandwidth-wasting question. If one went to Japan, would they find photography equipment much much cheaper? Different models not available in the US?

Again, just wondering. *shrug*

Good question. I am also curious and will wait for someone to respond (that knows).

One thing that might be a consideration is the warranty. Since I live in the US, I like my gear to have a US warranty.

True. The reason I ask is because a) most lenses are made in Japan, and b) when you bring back to the US, there are no tariffs to pay (unless you plan to resell them).

Also, does anyone know of any decent camera shops that sell new and used stuff in Manhattan? I'm going there in a few weeks or so and thought I'd so some window shopping.

ya try I think its called 42 street photo

try yodobashi or bic camera.

they both have websites so you can check it out.

As far as I know, equipment is much more expensive in Japan than it is elsewhere.

As far as I know, equipment is much more expensive in Japan than it is elsewhere.

Reminds me of Pineapples in Hawaii. They're right there, growing in front of your face. But do they cost less than they do in the mainland? Oh nooooo.

i used to live in Japan and while akihabara does have some cool stuff most of it is junk and the prices on their good stuff is just as expensive.

Most reactions

Back