Tripod head for Gorillapod

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any suggestions? I was looking at this guy but thought I'd see if anyone with more gorillapod experience had any other advice.

Thanks

Unless you are looking to buy the gorillapod tripod zoom, the head you linked to weighs more than or almost more than the weight limit of the gorillapod. With the zoom the head is one sixth of the load weight. The gorillapod is not really designed for a head. The flexable legs allow for postitioning of the camera. Not knowing what you are using it is hard to tell if a gorillapod is feasible, but I am not sold on it for a dslr and any substantial lens.

Yes it is the gorillapod for the zoom lens and I realize the weight might be an issue in which case I would obviously have to remove the head. The reasoning is to be able to shift from horizontal to vertical positions without having to reset the gorillapod. For example if I'm using it on a street light, it would be harder to set it up for a horizontal shot. Check out this link to see why I'm thinking of putting a head on it.

So that I've completely explained everything and gotten 0 useful feedback (no offense)... the question still stands. The Joby.com site shows the 'pod being used with heads in almost every pic and the heads all seem to be ball heads. It's probably as easy as looking for the lightest one but if anyone else has useful suggestions I'm all ears.

Sorry, didn't see you equipment in the bottom right corner when I read your first post. I understand what you are saying, I am just not sold on the idea that any gorillapod is strong enough for a dslr and lens. I guess the only thing to do is to try it and see. Go to a local photography shop that carries them and check them out first and see if you trust it and it does what you want before buying one. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back