Every Frame a Painting.

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of you will know that film is my first love so I am always keen on analyzing how different directors will shoot a scene.

This a great series for the beginner and the more advanced.

Start off with a good look at one of the best, David Fincher.

The oner...

THis is more about sound design but highlights the relationship between visuals and sound.

Lol and I love this one!

photography ruined watching movies for me...

I can't relax and just enjoy a movie... I'm constantly thinking about the light, framing, introducing scene etc

photography ruined watching movies for me...

I can't relax and just enjoy a movie... I'm constantly thinking about the light, framing, introducing scene etc

This is why I don't really watch sitcoms. A four year old could direct shows like big bang theory and others.

not a four year old but close....

yeah...

Television and film in America has gotten very very bland. Even good shows like The Walking Dead don't take a ton of risks when it comes to film making. Sure they push the limits with story but in a lot of cases the drama and conflict is spoonfed rather thank portrayed using visuals.

Television and film in America has gotten very very bland. Even good shows like The Walking Dead don't take a ton of risks when it comes to film making. Sure they push the limits with story but in a lot of cases the drama and conflict is spoonfed rather thank portrayed using visuals.
it seems like I completely agree with you on this matter, so I'll just let you talk and I'll hit the likes/agrees... and I don't have time right now for a nice discussion... and... I kind of, couldn't stay away from saying some things about usa's way of doing "stuff"...

Last edited:
I agree! I'm constantly looking at lighting, etc. when I watch movies, etc. A current favorite that has incredible lighting, moodiness, etc. is Blacklist. I'm loving it! James Spader is an amazing actor to boot...so there's that too.

:)

Most current offerings treat viewers as idiots.

Most current offerings treat viewers as idiots.

The art of subtle visual clues and themes is lost on most people. We get instead beat over the head by expositions.

O.K., which came first; the crappy film or the stupid viewer?

Actually, now to give this some thought, I might lay the blame on TV.

Stupid sitcoms and all the rest have conditioned the public to accept crap.

O.K., which came first; the crappy film or the stupid viewer?

Actually, now to give this some thought, I might lay the blame on TV.

Stupid sitcoms and all the rest have conditioned the public to accept crap.

Some sitcoms actually have some very good writing and are entertaining. The style was defined in the "live studio audience" days. You had a stage and 2 cameras and simple shots, wide, tight, wide, tight etc...

Ones that are more daring are normally more succesfull.

Most reactions

Back