zoo06.jpg

zoo07.jpg

zoo08.jpg

zoo09.jpg

zoo10.jpg

zoo11.jpg

zoo12.jpg

zoo13.jpg

On second thoughts i have edited out the louse pictures, they dont mix well with these, i'll get them in the dark side later, now to see if i can change the title, yieks :).

tim

Thanks for looking

Ooh, I love the caracal and the macaques! Nice series.

And don't worry. You're not the only one who will be flooding the forum with zoo pictures. As soon as it warms up enough, I'm taking my K1000 to the zoo and testing out that zoom lens I have. :lol:

Flood me with photos of this quality ANY time, Tim. Any time. These and MORE. They are all GOOD! All of them.
I really have to go to the zoo more often!

The secret of the upside-down penguins is that these are their reflections, right? Clever-clever!!! :D

I took a photo of that same kind of pigeon as you present in your Photo 1 only in May of last year in the bird park, but would I still remember its name??? Grrr. I don't.

I really like that lynx! (I like lynx, anyway, though my fingers don't do well in typing the word :wink: )

But one of your hit photos (out of this overall hit-series, mind you) are the rhinos!!!! That one is really good.

I agree about the rhinos being the cream of this excellent crop. Wonderful series!

#2 is my fav here.

What an assault of color! love the black background works well with the subject.

Ahh so it is a caracal perylousdemon, thanks for the comments, and i was wondering what it was, the keeper said they had had some problems with the cats taking the local birds when they land on the roof, the cats can just jump streight up in the air and take them through the bars and it could be a problem for disease, but it helps keep the cats from getting too board. I am looking forward to seeing what your lens can do, i was very lucky it was a really bright day, i guess the good wether they had in germany for the eclipse came up at the right time :).

Thanks Corinna you are spoiling me, watch what you ask for there were hunderds more that didn't work :). The penguins were actually under the water and swimming, there is a glass side to their pool and the light was shining streight into it, so a lucky but confusing shot, they are some of my favorite animals because of their cheak, they actually came up and bit the lense when i pointed the camera at them :). I really didnt know that was a pidgion, but now you say it i can see the eye and beak are definatly related, it was a big pidgion about the size of a turkey, and very cooperative.

Brighteyesphotos, yes it was a zoom, a 135-400 sigma, underexposed about 2/3 of a stop, for some reason they always seem washed out if you use the cameras exposure. The close were taken with a 105mm sigma macro prime lense some extention tubes and a ring flash, the animals didnt complain about the flash but some of the public weren't too happy.

ariandne76, i have to say 11 is my fave because she made me take pictures of just about every animal we saw, it was hard work mind you, but fortunalty the keepers let her out again, she made me take the rhinos for her little brother they are his faveorite animals, there were three, the male and female above and another younger male, the two males would fight a bit and then the larger male would go up to the female and 'kiss' it like the picture each time, i guess he was saying he did it for her :).

Efergoh, the colours may be a bit falce, it was taken with the ring flash pressed up against the glass to the left of the camera also pressed against the glass and under exposed a bit, the colours come out more when it was lightened to give the right exposure in photoshop. I hope it is not too colourfull...:).

tim

great shots but #5 is my fave

Well done zoo trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back