480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes..... EXIF data..........From images taken in 1977!

Here's a history lesson for you young-uns'. Back when we were your age, cameras didn't record things like shutter speed, aperture, lens used, etc. We actually had to carry a notepad and pencil and *gasp!* write that stuff down!

A couple days ago, I came across some of my old notebooks I carried way back then. Yes, I still have them, although the information has been transferred to the slide frame (I shot mostly Kodachrome 25). But I just can't bring myself to toss these out, even though there's really nothing on them that is truly irreplaceable.

EXIF%20circa%201977%2002.jpg

EXIF%20circa%201977%2001.jpg

And a screenshot of the above images of the digitized files that are now on my hard drive:

EXIF%20circa%201977%2003.jpg

I ran across a few of mine in a box in storage a few months ago. I remember thinking, "wow... there's probably an app for recording film-shooting data now!" :)

Don't throw them away!

I've kept proof sheets from darkroom work, notebooks from various projects, etc. I always keep the originals, you never know if you may come back to it years later.

I can't believe that I have a green memo book just like that one with shots noted from a trip in '84.

That's pretty neat Sparky, like going back in time. Taking about the 70's wished I still had the Kodak camera my sister used back then......sighs. I would keep the notes if I were you.

i "should" be doing this now. Going through film i had developed and not sure what came out of what camera as i sent three rolls in at once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back