EXIF information??

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was post processing a high rez .tif photo (about 19.5 mb) and when I went to "save as" PSP-studio told me EXIF information would not be saved due to settings on the image or file type chosen.

What does this mean?

EXIF is the shot info that is stored with the file. The date, time, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and various other things like camera serial number are all stored, until you re-save in photoshop.

If it is from a film negative, unless you entered the exif your self there shouldnt be any EXIF information, it is a format diigtal cameras use to store the settings used on the camera for each photo, just like some film photographers keep a notebook to write down the neg number+exposure information. It is probly just a standard warning that comes up, So basically no it dosent matter anyway 1 because there shouldnt be any anyways and 2 because if you dont really need to know your settings it fine, most people only really use it for learning anyways so they can see what they could have done and just to show settings, i still use it a lot to think how i could better the shot by tweaking setting next time

Anyway hoped that helped

I use Olympus Master software for processing RAW and the post-proc save options include JPEG and TIFF with and without EXIF. I always save without - but the data is stored with the original RAW file which I keep.

I always store exif info that is saved by my cam with jpg files... but when I postprocess them I always create a second file with a different name, storing the original one with exif info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back