External Microphone Question

qrtsteve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a external "shot gun" type microphone, my question is when I plug the external microphone into the camera does this disable the cameras builtin microphone? also is there a way to increase the volume when recording a video?
Thanks

Yes it will automatically disable the onboard microphone. But I don't think there is a way to adjust the volume on the fly in camera when recording unless your external microphone has a gain adjustment.

What camera are you using? It really depends..some have better microphone adjustments than others.

Yes it will automatically disable the onboard microphone. But I don't think there is a way to adjust the volume on the fly in camera when recording unless your external microphone has a gain adjustment.

What camera are you using? It really depends..some have better microphone adjustments than others.
The camera is the D3200, the mic does have a single position gain switch but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference probably just a low quality mic

The camera is the D3200, the mic does have a single position gain switch but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference probably just a low quality mic

Then your only option is either adjusting your microphone sensitivity before recording or setting it to auto.

Thanks I will give it a try

Most reactions

Back