Eye Pop tutorial for you....

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every week photoshop tv has a show, about halfway through this weeks episode (episode 122) there is an eye pop tutorial.

This is a self portrait I took a while back (after a distaster haircut:() I used window light with my camera on books infront of a mirror so I could see my pose:mrgreen:

I think I could have done less pop, but being that it was my first attempt I was all excited, I have photoshop elements 4 the tutorial uses the high pass filter and a layer mask (which I downloaded for free as elements 4 doesn't come with it) The rest of my editing isn't great as I am still learning.

After Eye Pop,

2294223248_99fbe6acaf_b.jpg

Before eye pop

experiments004.jpg

Too much...makes it look like you have some sort of shiny slim on your eyes.

Practice makes perfect. :D

I think it improves the pupil but not the whites. Maybe try this effect on just the pupils and then dodge the whites to make the brighter.

Having brown eyes sucks...in a way, because I can never achieve that beautiful eye pop you get with blue eyes, (i wouldnt change my eyecolour though)

The whites have that glassy scary freaky doll look

Do you think pupils and the iris or just the pupils?

I wouldn't think you would need to lighten the iris, it probably looks better if it's black...but keep a catch light.

Ok here are three attempts, I was experimenting with just the iris, just the pupil and then I just just dodged the whites of the eyes....

This is just the Iris with the eye pop and whites dodged

2294409684_08e7712c4b_b.jpg

This is just the pupil with the eye pop and whites dodged

2293620405_d5d4c70dda_b.jpg

And then this is just the whites dodged

2294409888_f18325d6e2_b.jpg

I actually think the whitening on its own makes quite a bit of difference in these particular pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back