Faces Of Jemms (pic heavy)

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since my wife takes a dim view of me photographing young pretty women, and models get expensive anyhow, I'm raising my own. She's developing quite a knack for "looks" displayed on Que. This was during lunch time, so excuse the messy face. Probably still have some editing to do, but I'm done for the night.

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
#2 is brilliant! The whole set is great and in a couple of years, she's going to be fantastic!

#2 is brilliant! The whole set is great and in a couple of years, she's going to be fantastic!

Thank you!! She is such a hoot, and cracks me up with the faces. She'll be 2 in a week, but she's been a little ham since she was a baby. Maybe, because she's grown up with a camera pointed at her so much. LOL

#2 for me too. Maybe she will be an actress when she grows up!

Or at least several more years of modeling for Papa.LOL Thanks for looking

Great model! Nicely done.

Cute model! Great images!

Thanks Brent! She was at the counter (not the best of locations), dealing with overhead incandescent lights. Sunlight from large windows, and strobe. Had a hard time adjusting the WB

The lighting scheme is not terrible, but the hair light looks green, and the hard-edged shadows are somewhat distracting.

1. Turn off (or shade) all other lighting in the room.
2. Use another flash for hair/background light. (or a reflector)
3. Use a larger (apparent) light source for your key light. (umbrellas are cheap)
4. Rig up some kind of reflector on the opposite side for fill. (white foamcore or styrofoam)

Numbers 1 & 2 can be accomplished together with a sheet of foamcore suspended above your model.

The lighting scheme is not terrible, but the hair light looks green, and the hard-edged shadows are somewhat distracting.

1. Turn off (or shade) all other lighting in the room.
2. Use another flash for hair/background light. (or a reflector)
3. Use a larger (apparent) light source for your key light. (umbrellas are cheap)
4. Rig up some kind of reflector on the opposite side for fill. (white foamcore or styrofoam)

Numbers 1 & 2 can be accomplished together with a sheet of foamcore suspended above your model.

Yeah I have multiple strobes, modifiers, reflectors, etc., what I didn't have was a choice of location or time. Despite the willingness to work with me, she has the attention span of a 2 year old, and will quickly tire of having her photo taken. I tried an ambient light shot but the floor to ceiling glass behind her was impossible to override. The only thing close that I could grab and fit into the available space quickly was a 7" gridded reflector with barn doors and diffusion sock. Would have loved to use my big Octabox, but it wouldn't fit, and by the time I moved her around the moment would have been gone. Sometimes you just have to go with what you have.

The originals have more transition into the shadows. LR is set to sharpen for screen when it uploads to Flickr, then I suspect TPF may sharpen a little more????

Last edited:
I'm allowed to photograph pretty women as long as they're paying me

Most reactions

Back