Famliy Portrait

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I did this one last month. Would love to hear some C&C. Thanks!

-Pete

family-1.jpg

I love the nice triangle formed by their faces. I know that you know...but that's a big key to successful group shots. Even the pose of their bodes forms a nice triangle that leads us to their faces...maybe that's more technical that it actually was...but it looks good.

I might have tried to get them just a little closer, to close off that gap bewteen her head and his shoulder.

I feels a bit too dark, but that serves to give contrast to the faces, which is a good thing. I might have burned the left side a bit to make the vignette feel a little more even & close....but I often go overboard with that :lol:

The little one's skin tone looks a tad green...but I'm not on a calibrated system. Maybe the whole image could be warmed up a tiny bit.

I might have tried to get them just a little closer, to close off that gap bewteen her head and his shoulder.

Well, now there's a good thought! I totally missed that.

I might have burned the left side a bit to make the vignette feel a little more even & close.

I'll give it a try.

Maybe the whole image could be warmed up a tiny bit.

Actually... a tiny bit more. I did do a bit, but whimpped out on taking it further.

Thanks, Mike, for such an insightful critique!

-Pete

Most reactions

Back