Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love these!

John Malkovich can be so... John Malkovich.

Wow.

So chock full of awesome! I've loved John Malkovich every since my high school English teacher showed us the production of "Death of a Salesman" with Dustin Hoffman as Willie Loman and Malkovich as Biff. And then he played Lennie in "Of Mice and Men" and it just killed me dead. (no, I don't sound like an English teacher at all, nope, not me! ;) )

The one of Bette Davis is so incredible. The original photo was brilliant to begin with, and Malkovich...how the hell does he make himself look like any of those characters, but Bette Davis? It's been said before and I'll say it again...wow.

If anyone has not seen "Being John Malkovich"...first, shame on you. Second, go watch it.

These are very much worth studying. Compare closely with the original and note how far off in detail the copy often is.

And yet, often, the resemblance is extremely exact at some high level. Side by side they are quite different. Separate, they seem identical.

What can be learned here?

These are very much worth studying. Compare closely with the original and note how far off in detail the copy often is.

And yet, often, the resemblance is extremely exact at some high level. Side by side they are quite different. Separate, they seem identical.

What can be learned here?

A gestalt has two or more parts (like figure and ground) that are so integrated together that we perceive them as one object. Think of teaching "the whole child," and you have the idea behind gestalt.

The perception of oneness from many is the basis of gestalt. It derived from the 1890 German philosophy of Gestaltqualität, meaning "form or shape," which explored the idea of perception. For example, a picture might have several separate parts that work together to form one perceived image. The area of gestalt psychology developed in 1912, focusing on the various aspects of a person and how they combine into a whole that affects that person's relationship with his or her environment.

DEFINITIONS OF:gestalt
na configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that it cannot be described merely as a sum of its parts

I was wondering if someone had shared these. They are amazing. Whenever someone says "Who alive today would you like to have a conversation with," John Malkovitch is high on my list. Just the fact that he participated in this (and nailed it) is a big part of why.

The skill of the copy is amazing.

......... If anyone has not seen "Being John Malkovich"...first, shame on you. Second, go watch it.
This has to stop! That is exactly what I was just about to post, as soon as I saw the thread title! I love that guy in just about everything he's done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back