fans

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I've just fitted a new light to the fishtank and it gets rather hot. I think I'll add a fan but space is very tight. Also it can't be 12v as I'd have to run a seperate cable etc. If I use a 230/240v fan then I can wire it to the light switch so it only runs when that's on (so no noise when I'm sleeping).

Any ideas as to were I can get one? I've tried Maplin but they're too big (smallest is 3") and I'm looking on Ebuyer now but they don't always list the voltage.

i didn't even know the made fans for fish tanks...

Is the heat from the light messing with the temperature of the water or are you more worried about it melting something near to it?

No, I'd need a fan from a computer but the only 230v one is 80mm and I've only space for a 60mm one. :(

I've ordered a 12v 60mm one off eBay. I don't need anything fancy.

It is raising the temperature of the water but only by 2 degrees. I'll keep an eye on it. More than anything I want to make sure nothing melts. Oh, and to reduce the smell of very hot plastic in my room right now...

The new light is a 36w compact tube and has replaced a 15w normal T5. So the temperature where the light is has gone up a touch... And the space for the light is tiny, hence only being able to fit in a small fan.

ah, i see what you mean now. You must be pretty handy with a soldering iron!

Not really. It was harder removing what was in the tank as it was a special type of light. Not a standard light with a starter and a ballast. Which is why it kept blowing the bulbs. :meh:

Oscars are vicious buggers... but they do look nice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back