Fantasy Valentine

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Continuing with my exploration of Firefly and Generative Text imaging. The background was the result of my strange mind trying to describe what I wanted. Phoebe was shot in front of a gray background to facilitate hair selection, but there was just enough gray in the fur, that I ended up having to do touch up with a hair brush. After that it was a simple process of pasting the image over the background using the new AI feature Neural Filters, Harmonization, to automatically blend the images, then the tone mapping.

woods3.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

woods1.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

I haven't tried out the Nueral filter Haromization yet. Does it give you several options like the AI in Photoshop? Creative on the Firefly background. I would add shadow on the bottom of the pup. In the second photo I see a little. I usually add more at the base of the person or pup and then gradually less the farther away. Maybe clone a few of the floating purple hearts on top of the pup.

I haven't tried out the Nueral filter Haromization yet. Does it give you several options like the AI in Photoshop? Creative on the Firefly background. I would add shadow on the bottom of the pup. In the second photo I see a little. I usually add more at the base of the person or pup and then gradually less the farther away. Maybe clone a few of the floating purple hearts on top of the pup.
I won't say that Harmonization is "better" than manual tone mapping but it is so close and so much faster that I'll be using it a lot more. It gives you sliders for Strength of the effect, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Saturation and Brightness. One thing I found is that it works cleaner if you do most of the processing on the subject then paste it in as a Smart Object. Otherwise it's easy to rack up a large document PSB file.

On the shadow I got lazy, to much going on, to many things to learn, and not enough time.:boggled: I also didn't make any adjustments to light direction from the scene on the subject. Despite the fact that much of it is relatively easy to use, I ended up spending a lot of time rearranging work flow.

I won't say that Harmonization is "better" than manual tone mapping but it is so close and so much faster that I'll be using it a lot more. It gives you sliders for Strength of the effect, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Saturation and Brightness. One thing I found is that it works cleaner if you do most of the processing on the subject then paste it in as a Smart Object. Otherwise it's easy to rack up a large document PSB file.

On the shadow I got lazy, to much going on, to many things to learn, and not enough time.:boggled: I also didn't make any adjustments to light direction from the scene on the subject. Despite the fact that much of it is relatively easy to use, I ended up spending a lot of time rearranging work flow.
Even with AI there is still more to do manually. A composite I made for a friend placing him in the scene the AI contorted his hand and ears. Had to mask those areas.

AI there is still more to do manually. A composite I made for a friend placing him in the scene the AI contorted his hand and ears. Had to mask those areas.
That's why I found it best to do my edits on the subject and selection seperate then transfer to the composite as a smart object.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back