Fashion Photography Tutorial

I

Iron Flatline

I know a lot of people recommend "Understanding Exposure" to beginning photographers, and the Strobist to people who are interested in lighting their subjects for the first time. If you want to go one step further, I'd like to point people toward Melissa Rodwell's new Fashion Photography Exposed. She happens to be my mentor (and a good friend) but I have learned a lot from her, so I want to make sure people know there is a way to acquire this kind of knowledge.

Check it out:

Fashion Photography Exposed

is understanding exposure a dvd too? - love the look of the dvd. have been reading her a blog for a while. will defiantly look at getting the dvd in the coming weeks. anyone watched it yet?

Looked awesome till I saw the price :(

People recommend understanding exposure because its like, 20 bucks and strobist because its free. You don't see a difference there?

Spammer.

Yes this is a great dvd, ive done alot of research and ill be buying it very soon. She is awesome at what she does and super inspiring! The price is up there but its cheap compared a class with her or anyone at that level so stop complaining lol.

People recommend understanding exposure because its like, 20 bucks and strobist because its free. You don't see a difference there?

Spammer.

IF is not a spammer. If he was, he wouldn't have made it over 36 post in this forum let a lone 3,600. Strobist sells two DVDs. One is basically the learn to light series at $139.99. Another called, Ligthing in Layers is $159.99. Joe McNally, Zack Arias, Don Giannatti, and all these other photographers that people get pointed to on this site every day also sell videos and put on workshops that all cost money.

I took her course for $1,500 over two years ago, and I'm still reading those notes for tips. You get what you pay for. I like where it's taken my photography (see link in my signature file). If I was touting my $2,000 Canon L lens it would be considered gear review. Yes, it's an expensive tutorial... you will get better from watching a DVD like this then you will by buying some fancy lens. I gain nothing from pointing people to this DVD set, except that I know and like Melissa. Thanks VI for pointing out that I'm not usually in the business of promoting other people's work :)

$250 for a DVD like that is expensive???? Professional tools and professional training cost professional prices.

*other mods* is there a reason this thread is locked?

I (tirediron) certainly didn't lock it!

Last edited by a moderator:
tirediron - you know mods and reply to locked threads as normal - editing the reply into my post I totally missed it ;)
but its all sorted was just a case of mistaken identity

Most reactions

Back