Fastest creature on Earth

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Peregrine Falcon, can reach speeds of over 200mph when Stooping

Despite the fact I can get sharp photos of Jet Planes flying over 600mph I've never managed to get a sharp shot of a Peregrine in flight, unless you count the ones that are about 3 stops under, so you'll have to make do with a few Mantling shots

yn5b15.jpg

yn5b17.jpg

yn5b18.jpg

yn5b1c.jpg

yn5b1a.jpg

loads more shots here http://www.hardpointphotography.fotopic.net/c1252713.html

comments welcome

Not good enough I'm afraid!

You must go back and catch them in flight!

:p
Great shots!
Such awesome birds. i think the second is my fav :D

Great series. They all have very nice background.

Dani.

They sure look great against that background. #2 and 5 are my faves. And #3 makes me laugh cuz it looks like it stepped in something. Good ones, LP.

Gosh man, all these shots you have posted are awesome! I have been trying to find a wildlife reserve since I first saw your shots, but I don't think there are any around where I live.

But keep it up, these are amazing.

lostprophet said:
Despite the fact I can get sharp photos of Jet Planes flying over 600mph I've never managed to get a sharp shot of a Peregrine in flight

I think you'll have to get a better lens :p :). These are really good shots of them on the ground though... maybe all you will have to do is take one that looks like he might be flying and photoshop some sky in there :).

cheers everyone

2 is really nice ...

I echo gizmo2071 ... you speak of how fast they fly ... and you show them walking ... What's with that??? Oh yeah make one of the flying shots a pan ... lol

Gary

fantastic...again :)

birds of prey are awesome, wish i knew were i could picture some :(

apparently they have a few Golden eagles west of scotland, might take a trip up there some time.

fantastic...again :)

birds of prey are awesome, wish i knew were i could picture some :(

apparently they have a few Golden eagles west of scotland, might take a trip up there some time.

the chances of getting near them are pretty slim, even Simon King struggled to get that close to them a year or so ago.

falcons are awesome and terrible to shoot in flight. I know, i tried :) did get a few shots, but thos are just cropped to the limit.
Good thing they also look great on the ground eh :)

falcons are awesome and terrible to shoot in flight. I know, i tried :) did get a few shots, but thos are just cropped to the limit.
Good thing they also look great on the ground eh :)

One of these days Daan everything will just fall into place

Most reactions

Back