Favorite Movie

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
whats your favorite movie and why?

I have two tied for favorite:

Love Valour & compasion - Although I am straight and this romance movie has NO women in it, I love it for the emotional content and showing what love can be. Although I think I could have lived forever without seeing Jason Alexanders naked ass.

What dreams may come - Because it makes me cry, every damn time I see it.

2001: A Space Odyssey

and..

Saving Private Ryan the best opening 20 minutes of any movie ever. i cry everytime tom hanks dies. everytime.

md

so glad we've got some other fans here... the shawshank redemption is my all-time favorite as well.

just this friday night the green mile got bumped to third by my new second favorite, garden state. if you guys haven't seen it, YOU MUST. it is incredible. total 10.

here's the trailer if anyone who hasn't heard of it wants to give it a look. the soundtrack kicks freakin ass too.

Lol and I was gonna put down ' The Green Mile' as second fave , Carli ! Its nudging Shawshank ;)

I just noticed Scott asked for a short explanation as to what it is about the faves that we love.

Shawshank Redemption : Its just inspiring ... LOVE what he does & how he does it ....towards the end of the movie ( wont say what happens just in case someone reads this and hasnt seen it :lol: ) ...its just SO satisfying.

Happy Gilmour : I've watched it a hundred and two times and still crack up laughing as if its the first time :D

Hadnt heard of Garden State , Carli. If it kicked The Green Mile off second place for ya its gotta be good !

Scott WRG Editor said:
whats your favorite movie and why?

What dreams may come - Because it makes me cry, every damn time I see it.

funny you should mention that, i recently saw it and wrote about it in my blog. Its definately one of those movies that really makes you question life after death. (and i have to admit my bladder was near my eye for most of the movie as well)

don't know about an 'all-time favourite'
but there are many movies I like

I liked 'The Butterfly Effect' a lot
'Pulp Fiction' is still pretty high on my list
'Amores Perros' (spanish movie) is sick
gotta watch the 'Tin Drum'

Memento :D
not only was it made with intense originality, but it was made with originality in a time where the movie theater more closely resembles a fast-food joint than a place built for the presentation of meaningful experiences.
it also came to me at a point in my life where i was beginning to be very interested in human behavior. mnemonics has been a huge interest of mine ever since seeing it.

with all this talk about shawshank redemption, i feel like i should say something too :wink:
i think it's a fabulous movie overall. but the thing is, it's not something that you are able to or would want to watch very often, so i don't have it on my favorites list. seems to me like a favorite movie should be something you can watch anytime, whether you're paying full attention or if it's just in the background, no matter what mood you're in, etc. maybe redemption is that kind of movie for you people, i'm just not getting it. it could be that i'm a product of the mtv generation :shock:
memento is kind of becoming that way for me, actually. i used to watch it at least every few weeks, but i can't seem to find the right occasion to watch it anymore

toooooooooo many good movies out there for me to have an all time fave but the following all made it to the shortlist ;) :D

(in no particular order)
Breakfast Club (i know the whole script off by heart :eek:)
Blues Brothers
Donnie Darko
Goonies
Romeo & Juliet
Anorak of Fire
Cetait un Rendezvous
Taxi & Taxi 2
Leon
Fifth Element (or any Luc Besson film actually)
Human Traffic
28 Days Later
LOTR (all)
Any Kevin Smith film
Before Sunrise (i think this is the correct title i can never remember)
and many many more....

I'm surprised! The Shawshank Redemtion has been my favourite for a long time!

Donnie Darko <--- a very twisted movie, i have it on DVD ;)

Romeo & Juliet <--- Which one? The Clair Danes one was pretty neat and different
Anorak of Fire

Leon <--- I know it as The Professional but it is high on my list of favs

Fifth Element <--- This movie made me a Bruce Willis fan and lust for
milla Jovovich

28 Days Later <--- Zombieish people run full tilt at you, gave me the heebie geebies

Any Kevin Smith film <--- Agree whole heartedly, heck, my nickname is lunchbox

If I had to do a top five list it would be:

What dreams May Come
Love Valour and compassion
Aliens - Cuz its just so cool
The Color Purple - Another one that makes me cry
Saving Private Ryan - Every High School senior should watch it as part of History class.

actually you do look quite a lot like silent bob ;) :D
yeah, Romeo and Juliet with Claire Danes - just love all the set/prop design and all the play on shakespear's wordage... soooooo glad they kept the script very similar. :)
Yeah, Bruce Willis fan here too... Die hard, Moonlighting, Carlos the Jackal etc etc cooooool
Saving Private Ryan is quite good but it's very 'american'

Most reactions

New Topics

Back