Feedback

kandrewsvt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, This is my first post on here and I'm looking for some feedback on a few pictures that I've taken. Let me know what you think!

waterhue.jpg

ChurchStreet.jpg

I think they're great!

It's so hard to believe that pictures like your first one are real and not a painting.
It's amazing what these cameras can do.

I really like the first one.
Only thing I'd do on the second is crop with perspective, and try and straighten the buildings, but that might be nitpicking, and hey, I'm a Noob!!

Hey,I'd be proud of either of these..nice !

Number one is a very good subject for this kind of photo, nicer colours than most manage. It is unfortunately a bit overexposed, were you using any ND filters?

I didn't use any ND Filters, just a circular polarizing filter.

Thanks for all the comments!! I would love some more feedback.

k

For a shot like that you really need an ND filter or a very very dull day not to overexpose it. #1's not bad, but I'd like to see a more interesting composition.

Excellent shots. The second one is the stronger for me - you have demonstrated good attention to detail with the composition - but you could do better. I'd crop it such that the church is exactly centered, and straighten the image too as it is a little crooked.

The first image is very nice, and has some great colours and tones - however, the bunch of leaves at right is cut off. You'd do better to include them entirely, or remove them entirely. For example, a photograph of just the rocks to the left of the frame and the leaf stuck in the water would be very strong in its own right.

The first image is a little bright but it's not overexposed - except for a small area in the waterfall there is detail in all the highlights. The previous poster's advice to use a ND filter to prevent overexposure is not necessarily true - a faster shutter speed or a smaller aperture (higher f-number) would have darkened the image just fine. I would suggest darkening it in your favourite photo editor a bit - it is a bit too bright aesthetically.

ND filters do cut the light coming into the camera, but in autoexposure the camera will simply lengthen the shutter speed or widen the aperture to compensate, leaving you with a bright image again. I have photos taken in the middle of the night where the image is overexposed!

Cheers,
Peter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back