Feeding

A detail there off

IMG_3167inv.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

Amazing thread! Awesome, Wicked, & Wonderful!

Thanks for sharing! More more more... Keep'm coming for sure!

I LOVE 1 and 3 of post 15!!!! Uber kewl! Like a sorcerer conjuring...

Curious question -- I saw your rig, are you sitting up there taking these pics, or do you have it set to automatic or something? I can't get over these amazing shots!

and I agree with Bifur - that pic (3rd from post #15) is absolutely breathtaking.

Curious question -- I saw your rig, are you sitting up there taking these pics, or do you have it set to automatic or something? I can't get over these amazing shots!

and I agree with Bifur - that pic (3rd from post #15) is absolutely breathtaking.

Thank you. Well I change I way I shoot it allmost daily. #3 of post15 was wile sitting up there with a 70_200 and a 2x tele on a tripod. I most likely used a cable release and mirror lockup without IS. on.

I often set up with a motor drive cable and trip the shutter from about 400 feet away via a wizard.

I built a catwalk a few days ago to get in close and handhold shoot there.

Its really about learning there behavior and how they react. To get a shot like the one in 15, best to pick a rainy day as they like to groom in the rain (natures own shower). Learn there vocalizations as they will tell you a lot. Like when there mate has cought a fish they will give a begging call , then be ready to capture the action.

Attachments

• $IMG_3134.jpg
    $IMG_3134.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 137
Stunning, as the rest. With the rig you set up, and obvious effort, it is a joy to see the rewards being reaped. How on earth do you get on that catwalk without getting yoru eyes pecked out? :lol:

Thank you all so much for all the wonderfull comments. I will be trying out a lighting setup very soon and have high hopes for a spectacular result (fingers crossed). This project has been fun and I have learned a few things as well met some super cool people interested in it. I might get the chance to try photographing the nasal valves in there nose holes that they close when diving with the help of a few local rehabber/vets that work this area. Now how on earth could I light the inside of a nose hole and wait for a flap to close? That one will likely be a wash out.

Cheers. Dan

I look forward to the pics of bird noses :lmao:

Something tells me they did not like being woken up ;)
Brilliant shot as well :)

More more! (please :blushing: ) :thumbup:

The hooked shaped talon sinks into the flesh then the barbed gripping pads called spicules grip its prey

IMG_3901.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back