Fenced in

I like the girls eyes and the bokeh in the background but the fence. Hum?

Anything in particular about the fence that's not working for you? It's kind of integral to the image.

I actually like the shot... except I would desaturate her shirt a bit :)

Thanks Maria! Yeah, it's a pretty bright shirt! This is without any adjustment to the saturation slider. I'll go back in next time I'm editing and pull down the red-magenta spectrum a bit to see if that helps.

Anything in particular about the fence that's not working for you? It's kind of integral to the image.
I can see how that would be but I guess I bounce between the two. If I make up my mind and keep the two equal then it's OK. :1251:

Bump for the western hemisphere that should now be awake?

I think there is a conflict between the happy, brightness of the little girl's hair/clothing and the fence and potential 'meaning.'
The impressions given don't match.
Her expression is downcast but her clothing seems upbeat.

Now the dress doesn't attract attention and her expression supports the 'fence' concept.

fencelllll.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with the shirt being a bit too upbeat. However, I'm not a fan of the noisy black & white version. I think just toning down the shirt a little in PP would do wonders! Just my two pennies!

I still like the color one but maybe a tone down on the shirt.

That's funny, I actually have a BW version though it's decidedly less "dark" than Lew's version. I initially thought that the soft colors helped provide separation but it sounds like they're just too distracting. Let me track it down and post that version.

DSC_0123
by Bolt x4, on Flickr

Ok, here was the BW version I had originally made. (Actually don't think it's the exact same pic, but close enough). I think I need to pull a little more contrast because it looks a little muddy to me. Maybe that's why I originally gravitated towards the colors.

Most reactions

Back