Feral Horse on Assateague Island

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
20060129150354_dsc_2547_small.jpg

Now thats something you don't see everyday! Horses next to the sea is a very strange combination and thats exactly why i like it. I was gonna suggest a B+W but you'd probably loose the bottom of their legs in the sand tones. Good picture tho :thumbup:

Beautiful pic...love the story behind how these horses came to be on Assateague Island and Chincoteague island...apparently they washed ashore from the shipwreck of some spanish ship or something and proceeded to populate the islands. correct me if i'm worng
love that you were able to get so close. :D

I think its ok, it's a pity you have one horse behind the other giving the impression it's growing out of it. I also think it could have been framed so ther feet weren't cut off.

Yes, that story is about right. There is a book titled, "Misty of Chincoteague" that tells the story in full. I live about 2 hours from Assateague. I'm on the other side of the May in Maryland. Anyways, for those of you who think horses on beaches are just very out of place, this shot should ammuse you some....

DSC_2614.jpg

Oh I love it!! I think it is beautiful to see a horse next to the ocean. Of course I am a horse person, so I think horses look beautiful anywhere LOL. Try and tame one and take a picture of someone riding it off into the sunset on that beach hehehehe.

Must go look up the word "feral" in my dictionary...
...but other than that I like both story and photos.
With regards to composition, I think the second is better, if not the ocean were running out :shock:
The overall atmosphere in the first is nice. Would you consider cropping that to overcome the centred horizon and maybe thus help the fact a little that the horses' hooves are cut off?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back