Fill it up?

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm on my way out to work this morning when I remember I need gas. I do my "gas detour" as My little car likes one brand. When I pull into the station I see the price has gone from $1.06 per liter to $1.18 since last night. I look real hard at my fuel guage that tells me I have an eighth of a tank and decide not to buy the oil execs another martini for lunch I'll take my chances. I made to work and back to the service station this evening where the price was back to $1.06. But all day I'm thinking about these prices and the way they go up and down to maximize profits for the oil companies. I mean what if freaking MacDonalds decided to do the same thing " Oh it's lunch time...Big macs are now ten bucks each!" or the power company " Oh your home and you want to cool down your house, watch TV and surf the net, The price per kilowatt hour is now Ten bucks!" Or even the transit companies "well yes normally it's three dollars to ride the bus but this is peak hour you understand and the price is now six bucks" You could go on and on with this story but I'd still like to know where the oil comanies get off on slagging us this way!!!!!!!!!

We've been scalped for decades now by the big oil companies. As long as we depend on oil to basically live, we'll have to pay whatever prices they feel we should pay.

Without going into a political tirade, this is not the place and time anyway, I believe we need to wean now from using the oil. We, in the US, are years behind other nations in regards to using green energy. Done now... ;)

only a $1.18 a litre???
You guys don't know you've got it good.
That's about 59p but we're paying around 96p per litre....or $1.92
What's more annoying is that the UK produces tons of the stuff so we don't even import it!!!
Don't complain too much!!!!

97-99p (just over $2) is average around where I am. That's for the cheap stuff. A few months back I paid £1.01 a litre at a BP garage. When I went to Stafford which is just over 100 miles away I paid 93p ($1.89) at an Asda. It'd been rude not to buy it when my tank was empty and it was so cheap. ;)

I'm getting around 28mpg with "spirited" driving. Much better than the 18mpg I was getting at one point. :shock:

So I'm on my way out to work this morning when I remember I need gas. I do my "gas detour" as My little car likes one brand. When I pull into the station I see the price has gone from $1.06 per liter to $1.18

Still ridiculously cheap! it is around $1.9 in most parts of Europe :(

Sure it's cheaper where I am but this doesn't excuse jacking the prices around at different times of the day to line your pockets. The stuff costs X amount a barrel as crude, y amount to refine and z amount to market, ship and all that hoo haa so the price of the stuff should be more or less consistent unless the price of crude changes. This is greed pure and simple and I'm tired of having my hair set on fire by the Asshats who decide this is a fair way to treat humanity....

I'm not being a smart-ass, but only a few years ago everyone rode a bike and lived in and about the city. Now the cities have spread to far reaching suburbs and the public transportation is none existent to those areas.

So, move back to the city and get a bike!:mrgreen:

Don't worry people, some of us can still claim access to the cheap stuff. We're currently fixed at 6.25 cents (12.5 pence) per litre, so lets just go and fill the Hemi up again...

Sure it's cheaper where I am but this doesn't excuse jacking the prices around at different times of the day to line your pockets. The stuff costs X amount a barrel as crude, y amount to refine and z amount to market, ship and all that hoo haa so the price of the stuff should be more or less consistent unless the price of crude changes. This is greed pure and simple and I'm tired of having my hair set on fire by the Asshats who decide this is a fair way to treat humanity....
Not to mention that the price goes up instantly whenever there is something in the news the might affect the world market supply. Yet, they claim that the crude and processing costs are why it's so high....well it probably takes months for the stuff to get out of the ground, processed, transported and distributed...so the stuff in their tanks/pumps...should still be based on the market months before. And of course, the don't loose a second to jack it up...but it takes weeks before it goes back down...if it ever does.

Your situation may have been an isolated incident. That particular station may have raised it's price because they thought that's what everyone was going to do...when they realized that other stations had not raised their prices...they went back.

"Your situation may have been an isolated incident. That particular station may have raised it's price because they thought that's what everyone was going to do...when they realized that other stations had not raised their prices...they went back."

I wish that were the case, but they do it every day like clockwork in this city. In the morning when you're in a hurry to get to work and need to fill up the price is close to the $1.20 range, in the evening when you can take your time and price shop the buggers are down to $1.03- 06 depending. That is what makes me so mad. Sometimes I want to fill up then go into the cash area, open my wallet and say "Just take what you need you greedy %$@&*%$" It is a scam in my books because as I said it's every day like that:x

Most reactions

Back