Fill the sky with color (part 2)

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Same general area (about 1/4 mile away)....around 10 minutes later. I emphasize the point about no post processing levels boosting, not to build up the photo itself, but to convey the impression of just how vivid that morning was. There were literally people almost driving off the road (at least the ones who were out at this time!) to check this out.

WaterValley800X600.jpg

How do u get these colours :( . Well apart from having a nice sky, wich helps, what filters, film/ digi cam etc do u use???

Incredibly beautiful!

chris, no PS. In fact absolutely no change to the original image beyond a bit of trimming.

will, Sony DSC-W1, no filters. Setting for saturation set to high, but I've noticed that only makes a minor difference. The scenery (and a good little camera for the money) gets all the credit here.

One other thing that can help enhance the colors is underexposing. In this case, without an ND filter, I didn't have a choice considering the brightness of the lower part of the clouds. And since there are essentially only silhouettes for the land forms at this time of day, I could get away with underexposing and the loss of detail in those forms. Exposure bias at -.7

Most reactions

New Topics

Back