Film scanners?

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been looking for a film scanner that will scan 120 film as well as 35. I have been looking around but i keep coming across actual picture scanners nothing really that just scans film thats not $$$$$. is there anything out there that is not crazy priced that can get the job done well for scanning 120 film? Thanks!!

_Austin

You've not going to find a dedicated film scanner than handles 120 for anything less that major dollars.

I would recommend either the EPSON v700 (which is what I use) or its sibling the v750 (has a few very minor tweaks). These are flatbed scanners that can match the performance of any dedicated film scanner in their price range ($500-700 USD new). To beat the performance of these two requires that a scanner be a lot more expensive.

For more casual scanning, the less expensive EPSON v600, along with the slightly older v500 and the old 4490, are reasonable alternatives at around half the price of the v700. These are very good scanners with quite good resolution. They don't have quite the tonal range of the v700/750 and today's better dedicated film scanners though they are as good as the older dedicated film scanners from the early 2000's.

I use the Canon Canoscan 8800F. Works great for film and photos. Look it up on Amazon and check out the userposted pictures. Nice scanning for sure. $179 and is handles 120 and 35mm.

I vote for the v700, just make sure the scanning height is ideal... most of the luke-warm reviews I've seen have had obvious misalignments in scanning height.

what do you mean scanning height?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back