filter size? does it mater?

teh 65mm has a bigger coverage than the 55mm.

therefore, if you resize the same shot with different lenses to one size, the 65mm will give you better results than the 55mm but you'll hardly notice it.

and another thing, it would be easier to answer the question knowing what you exactly wanna ask.
is the 55mm and 65mm are the diameter of the lense or the lengh of it?

are you speaking of focal length? or lens filter size?

those two things are like apples ands orages. could you clarify your question?

md

I found out my 72mm filter size is considerably more expensive for the same filters than smaller lens. My local camera shop quoted me over $200 for an infrared filter at 72mm. It was around $100 for smaller lenses.

There is no corelation between filter size and lens quality.

Focal length determines angle of view. A 50mm lens with a diameter of 55mm has the same angle of view as a 50mm lens with a 65mm diameter.

Several aspects of lens design will influence the size of the image circle; bigger lens diameter does not automatically mean larger image circle.

Typically you would find that a lens with a larger max aperture would have a greater diameter than the same focal length lens with a smaller max aperture. A 50mm f/1.2 would usually have a larger diameter than a 50mm f/2.

Edit: Lenses tend to be sharper a few stops closed from wide open than at wide open. So an f/1.2 lens may be sharper at f/2 than an f/2 lens at f/2. You probably couldn't tell the difference between them at f/8.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back