Finally got around to it

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got around to putting some pictures in photobucket:mrgreen:

Here's a few.

1. Taken at the fire school in town here. Fire Etc. I plan to take many many more this summer.
D19.jpg

2. Looking up an oil drilling rig.
D15.jpg

3. I happen to love this picture for some reason but not many do.
00029copy.jpg

Thanx for looking

A "Fire School" ... now that is something interesting.
I find "fire" to be such an appealing subject, though I am not fond of fires (in reality) that destroy. But for photographic reasons, flames, smoke, the colour of fire ... are always really interesting!

I best like the second photo of the oil drilling rig. Not quite symmetrical but yet well aligned with your frame, an interesting POV, inclusion of that elaborate (and given its own colour) so-and-so ... no idea what that yellow thing is called ... I really like it.

I see why the last may lead to controversial comments, but I quite appreciate the POV here, too! If you were lying on that grass, eying the golf ball like this with your eyes, you'd get to see things similiarly. What is very close to your eye would be blurred, too.

May I ask what the "S" stands for (I don't know if you are male or female ;))?

S=Sheena.

I have many many pictures (4 rolls of 24 plus 100 digital) taken at the fire school about 2.5 years ago. I've been seriously considering taking alot more this summer.
I took these for a group of guys taking a week long industrial firefighting course. It was pretty neat for them to walk away with so many pictures of them actually fighting fires as this is not their every day job (you know how boys get with things like this).
I recently got a new job and my boss manages the school. I'm thinking of asking them if I can do this on a regular basis. I would like to sell copies to the students and perhaps have some used for the schools brochures, website, posters etc.
My job requires me to walk the hallways everynight (security) and I just envision my pictures on the walls.

The second picture... I believe the yellow/orange part would be part of the actual drill. This is just a display now in a park so it's not an active drill (otherwise this picture would've been VERY DANGEROUS to take i imagine)

(HEY BIG MIKE... do you know where this is... come on.. i know you do)

The third one... possibly one of my favorite pictures. I dont know why. Maybe because it was such an awesome day golfing with family so it reminds me of that. Could be why it's not very popular with others :)

I love #2. Very nice. It is quite captivating. If you didn't tell me what it was though, I would have never figured that out.

i think i will like #3 better if the focus is on the golf ball... ^_^ (the it feels like one of the ad. for HDTV..haha)....

Angle and lines of #2 are outstanding. Great job.

Ok, the first thought that popped into my head when I saw #2 was- "what do Scots wear under their kilts?" Don't mind me, it's a weird day. Great shot BTW.

I'd like to see a bit more room for the fire & a bit less of the platform in #1, but you got the exposure spot on for that shot.

Well, I like the last shot. You can almost hear the ball thinking "I have to get all the way over there before I get to rest.

I really like all three. I agree with LaPhoto that the POV in the third is very realistic... and for me it's also a bit of an inspirational shot, something like looking to the future as opposed to the present :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back