finding a partner

rooky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a question guys. I make pretty good money for the most part, but at times I feel like I could do much better if I found a good partner. You know, someone to share the load so that more could be done and growth would be easier. I am quite sure with the right person, I could triple what I'm making now. Or should I be content with where I am?

Is it hard to find a good partner? Never looked. Or is it a waste of time?

Im NC/SC

What sort of shooting do you do?

In the wedding photography world...I see that a lot of the more successful photographers do work with partners. Often, it's a husband/wife team...but not always.

I sometimes work for/with a photographer who runs a photography company with her best friend (a guy who is not her husband). They usually shoot as a team but have started double booking and needed someone else to shoot with them.

As for how to find a partner...I don't know. I would suggest joining a photography organization...there are plenty. Networking with other photographers could open up some leads for you.

Another option would be to look for an assistant rather than a partner. That way, you would be the boss and you could train them as you see fit. This would also give you a chance to test people out. If you find and assistant that is really good...then maybe you make them a partner. If they don't stack up, then just find another assistant.

I do aerial photography. the problem I have is for example, I went out last night and made 938.00. That was what I made after my costs. It took me about 5 hours the make that. I can do that about every day, most days. On a bad evening, I'll make between 200-600. I have been selling these for 13 years(except for 21 months I took off after I was burned out for a bit)and I guess that has become second nature to me and the key to being successful with it. the actual making of the pictures is much more easily taught.

Right now, I do my own flying and taking, selling and printing and graphics and shipping...lol. The graphics end alone keeps me by the computer for hours a week.

I would like to travel the country and hire salesmen and train them. But when could I? I am maxed out. So I am limited to about 2000-4000 a week in income since my time is so pushed. I cant even get out to sell every day since I have to take pictures, make them, etc....

With some help, I think I could really grow into a monster. But I guess finding someone serious about it is very hard. I have talked to a couple people before (but not seriously-just mentioned it)but they want to make money but no one wants to do anything. LOL It would be nice to find someone serious about making money that would work as hard as me and see where we could grow to. .. but that seems very hard.

I guess I thought you guys might have some input. I like the assistant idea but Id like someone who has something to contribute so that the end result means more to them than just a paycheck.

I even looked on here a little but most of these people here dont live anywhere around me and dont seem to do anything like what i do.

I even mentioned it to a couple pilots. I never really proposed anything, just mentioned it and they all seemed content with what they were doing. It's like 50,000 a year was good enough for them. But I guess they are happy and just dont want to do anything else.

But I never have really went out and looked. Just mentioning it here and there is not enough. But where would I look? lol I have no clue. Most of the people I know well, are scared of what I do. Why? LOL cause you have to be a real people person and have a strong will and not mind rejection. I even told a buddy of mine that who cares if someone rejects you, after about a 1000 of those, you really wont care. LOL

See, I first started doing this for a company, just a s a salesman and I sold more than anyone.... Thats why I do my own now. and see they brought in around 250,000 a week in sales. But see they had salesmen all over the country and someone that went around training them and hiring newones to get to that level. And the training is the hardest part and my strength. So, I figure I need help so that i can pursue something more. something bigger. right now I feel very limited.

A partner is like a marriage. You really need to be sure you are VERY compatable with each others sytles, goals, habits, etc.

You would be better off hiring an assistant.

You may be right air. Maybe i should consider an assistant. I agree that finding someone with similar aspirations would be hard.

Hey, I'm in Columbia, South Carolina. I'd be interested (once you've flown with Kamikazee Paul, nothing scares you).

well, we can talk and see for sure. Maybe i just got lucky. lol i'll pm you

Thanks. Got your PM and sent you an email.

Most reactions

Back