fireworks

Jantarek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot last weeknd hand held on top of floating dock, Nikon D200 18-200 vr lens ISO 1600 using program setting and auto white balance, I'm still working on my skill so be kind :mrgreen:, but I would love some pointers.
Jerry
925257010_VLPDs-XL.jpg

925251765_D9Axn-XL.jpg

925240571_TxGeK-XL.jpg

925264160_Xfnz5-XL.jpg

925257719_ii3dj-XL.jpg

I hope thats not to many

I agree, #4 is the best of the bunch.

Well, this 4th was my first go at shooting fireworks, and I learned a bit I thought I could share.

I see you were shooting in Program mode with an ISO of 1600. I would suggest switching it over to Manual, stopping your Aperture down to f/16. Drop your ISO down to 200 or so, and then switch your shutter over to BULB. I would use a tripod with one of those cheap little wireless remotes.
Then focus the camera in the area where you plan to see the fireworks, and leave it be. When you see the trail of the blast going up, hit your shutter, about a second after the explosion is over you can hit it again (really up to you at that point). There will be some trial and error so keep an eye on your LCD to see what's going on.
Here are a couple of examples of this procedure:
Fireworks - Dominant Photography-- Brandon Fischer

thank you those are great tips.
I was traveling on my Bike and didn't even expected to see fireworks, so it was more like shot from the hip lol,
so I will work on it
thanks again

Well now you can prepare for next 4th of july and give it another shot. But number 4 definitely looks cool!

Hey great shots. I have to agree #4 is the best. I would play with it some more. Not that you would get to see fireworks everyday to practice, unless you moved to Disney lol

Check out my post also "Few Fireworks on Hudsons River - Beginner" I used a PS camera on a tripod

Most reactions

Back