fireworks!!!

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
After 5 years of having a camera, I decided to try to photograph fireworks. These were at the Rhythm and Booms fest in Madison, Wisconsin...

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

Doug Raflik
[email protected]
http://www.wxnut.net

Yes, these have come out nicely. Feels like your are taking us right there. I just love the little stars on the bottoms rockets in the last picture! But what is that white square?

wow you did very well! Great job! And... as LaFoto has already mentioned, those lil stars are amazing!

Nice shots. I reall like the first one. At least the sky was dark for yours. Our wasn't to dark, and the fireworks weren't as neat as that.

Very nicely done :) Could you give us some more details on these? I'd like to try the same tommorow night and it would help to have an idea as to how you went about it.

I was thinking about trying them using a bulb exposure and cable release...not sure if that is the correct way or best way to do it though.

those are all really great shots ... i ended up with a little too much holiday cheer in me and we bypassed taking the camera to thefireworks here.

i really wanted to shoot fireworks too ... never have but i have a triod now.

i was wobbly snoshi that night

eromallagadnama said:
Very nicely done :) Could you give us some more details on these? I'd like to try the same tommorow night and it would help to have an idea as to how you went about it.

I was thinking about trying them using a bulb exposure and cable release...not sure if that is the correct way or best way to do it though.

I tried many ways that night, but got the best results with 2 second exposers at ISO 400 at f/19. Wait till you see a couple streamers going up, and as soon as the fireworks burst, hit the shutter.

Doug

Great shots. The first is my fave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back