First attempt at HDR (JEEP)

obx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you guys think???????

JeepJPEG.jpg

Well you have major halo's going around the jeep and tree line meeting the sky.
Also the Sky is a weird dark color due to processing, Using a polarized filter would've helped out with the side reflection on the jeep, it's reflecting the soil in a way that it's competing for color on the side panel's kind of looks a little like the craters of the moon a little <<Reflection

Where did you take the jeep out to Wall NJ? Or further south pine barrens?

Slide your Highlights smoothing to the right to decrease the dark sky and halo. The jeep looks good. Dont know if its the processing or the cleanliness of the vehicle but it almost looks like a great shot of a toy. The sky really ruins it.

Get lower and shoot with without hdr. Thats a good location though. Also car shots usually look better with the wheels turned the other way

Get lower and shoot with without hdr. Thats a good location though. Also car shots usually look better with the wheels turned the other way

If he shoot's with no intention of creating an HDR then he would not be in this section of the forum.:er:

Im just telling him how to make a better image. Its funny, theres only 2 types of people who use hdr. Those who are beginers and think it looks cool thus making a "better" picture, and then those who use it to taste to make really nice pictures.

Im just telling him how to make a better image. Its funny, theres only 2 types of people who use hdr. Those who are beginers and think it looks cool thus making a "better" picture, and then those who use it to taste to make really nice pictures.

There is also a third type -- those who just ***** about anyone's HDR pics. There are some great way over the top uses and some great ones that are truly photo realistic. Its up to the OP which kind of look he wishes to convey. HDR it seems isnt for everyone. And those who truly dont like it should just stay out of the HDR forums.

There is also a third type -- those who just ***** about anyone's HDR pics. There are some great way over the top uses and some great ones that are truly photo realistic. Its up to the OP which kind of look he wishes to convey. HDR it seems isnt for everyone. And those who truly dont like it should just stay out of the HDR forums.

Read provos last thread in hdr forum

I take bracketed images for processing and to bring out more details that are not capture with just a single jpg standard image. I shoot both standard and bracketed for HDR my standard images I don't really post them yet, because I like to try to master out a technique first and create my own unique style.

I think for the majority of the part everyone just want to improve their game and become better from beginner to professional everyone benefits and learns from the repeated steps of trial and error, same applies for standard photo shoots you have to sample lighting,exposure,and subject composition.

My God...this is ridiculous. I see no future for this site which is a shame. Ive been lurking here and there but this is the WORSE atmosphere Ive seen ANYWHERE. It seems some here were born with a camera up their asses.....

Sorry for the rant...time to delete this bookmark.

My God...this is ridiculous. I see no future for this site which is a shame. Ive been lurking here and there but this is the WORSE atmosphere Ive seen ANYWHERE. It seems some here were born with a camera up their asses.....

Sorry for the rant...time to delete this bookmark.

:lol: it's all fun makes it more interesting, when you said something up the *** was it a sigma telephoto lens :thumbup:

Sorry....I missed the part where acting like a high school pimple faced idiot was fun...but hey...carry on!

Sorry....I missed the part where acting like a high school pimple faced idiot was fun...but hey...carry on!

(insert picture of baby crying)

My first piece of advice is that before you learn HOW to do something, you should learn WHY you want to do it.

This particular photo isn't really a situation where an HDR would shine.

Somewhere on here I wrote a long post on HDRs... I think it was a field guide to them or something. Look for it and you may find some answers.

EDIT: Well, it wasn't as exciting as I thought, but there's some info in there: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/hdr-discussions/173309-please-step-away-hdr-your-arms-air.html

Well you have major halo's going around the jeep and tree line meeting the sky.
Also the Sky is a weird dark color due to processing, Using a polarized filter would've helped out with the side reflection on the jeep, it's reflecting the soil in a way that it's competing for color on the side panel's kind of looks a little like the craters of the moon a little <<Reflection

Where did you take the jeep out to Wall NJ? Or further south pine barrens?

South Jersey, by Sea Isle City.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back