First batch of pics!

5ubz3r0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone!

For Christmas I got a Nikon D5000 as I'm looking to start photography as a hobby and hopfully somthing more if it all pans out! Here is 1 Pic I took on Christmas day...I did take more but will load them later after I filter through them. Please let me know what you think! Thank you in advance!

DSC_0033.jpg

This is one of my cat. I was just in my room playing with the settings. sorry for the clutter in the background!

DSC_0086-1.jpg

Here is the pic as requested, I also played with the contrast and saturation a little in Lightroom - let me know if it's an improvement!
DSC_0086.jpg

I'm a little dissapointed with the hand on this shot. Upon looking at the picture closely there is a blur. How can I remove this? Apart from quicker shuter speeds! Can I use a sharpening tool in Photoshop? Or Lightroom ?
CSC_0104.jpg

Last edited:
I like the concept. Imo I think it could have done without the lamp post. Maybe crop a little off the sky, and crop the lamp post to see what it does for it.

I'm playing with a few pics in lightroom now. I haven't touched this one but will work on it in two versions.

1. Will keep the post - I seem to like this picture with the post.
2. Without the post and crop as recommended.

I will also work on making the contrast a little better and smoother. Wish me luck! Will upload another in the next 5 mins.

This shot doesn't really do anything for me, personally. General rules of thumb would tell you to straighten the horizon. I know rules are meant to be broken sometimes but your crooked horizon in this shot just distracts me. I agree with mom2eight. I think that because you got both the lamp and the bench in the same shot that you were left with too much open space. Perhaps a shot of just the bench from closer would work better. Or a different angle to reduce how much open space is in the frame. One last nitpicky thing. I probably would have cleared everything of the bench. Unless it is a very weird design then there are some items on the bench that block the light coming through the back.

Keep at it and have fun with photography.

Hi Gfreg,

The bench is actually based on a hill! I don't know who would but a bench on a sloped hill but there it was!

In regards to the objects on the bench. It is a memorial bench and they are flowers to whom has passed away. I like the big bunch on the left in the pic but I know what you mean about the item closest to me, it would of been nicer to let the light through. :)

Thanks for you input! More welcome!

Hi Gfreg,

The bench is actually based on a hill! I don't know who would but a bench on a sloped hill but there it was!

In regards to the objects on the bench. It is a memorial bench and they are flowers to whom has passed away. I like the big bunch on the left in the pic but I know what you mean about the item closest to me, it would of been nicer to let the light through. :)

I like the colors in the edit on the bench. I know you wont be able to edit this but perhaps if you can do a reshoot get even closer to the bench. Since it is a memorial bench ignore my previous suggestion of removing the items sitting on it. :lol: It would be nice to get a close up of the flowers and other items.

I saw your other thread about the hand. You got some good advice so I won't go into that here.

Cute cat, and funny capture.

Thank you,

Next time I am up there, I will be sure to take a close up.

Thanks for the comment on the cat. What do you say about the exposure on it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back