First Clothing Shoot

rph105

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I've got my first shoot coming up and are going to shoot some garments/clothes. I'm following this guide closely http://www.tabletopstudio.com/documents/clothing_photography.htm and would like to achieve something like the photos below:

ichatimage305876920qj3.jpg
ichatimage2395610694jh6.jpg

Do you guys and gals have any tips on doing this also?

I'm using a Canon 400D (any good for this type of shoot?)

I also wanted to know if I would be able to do a live shooting tethered, with the EOS utility I can get the photo up on screen the minute it is taken but I was wondering if I could do that live.
As in a live view of what my camera is seeing before I shoot it, so it displays on my computer screen? Anyone know if I can do this?

Any other tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Not a Canon person, so I can't say for sure, but I don't believe the 400D has a Live view. With respect to your clothing shoot; what kind of shots are you after? The example isn't a typical catalogue shot (it's rather wrinkled and haphazard).

Not a Canon person, so I can't say for sure, but I don't believe the 400D has a Live view. With respect to your clothing shoot; what kind of shots are you after? The example isn't a typical catalogue shot (it's rather wrinkled and haphazard).

tethered shooting. I believe Canon includes software that lets you shoot with the camera tethered to a computer where your shots pop up on the screen as soon as you take them.

As for the clothing, that's easy. It's on a white back drop shot with a diffused light off to the right a little bit to show some texture.

Buying all new you could get the lighting you need for $140. If you're getting paid, this is a worthy investment that could help with future photography...that's if you don't have some lighting kit already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back