First Clothing Shoot

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rph105, Aug 7, 2008.

1. rph105

rph105 TPF Noob!

Ok I've got my first shoot coming up and are going to shoot some garments/clothes. I'm following this guide closely http://www.tabletopstudio.com/documents/clothing_photography.htm and would like to achieve something like the photos below:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Do you guys and gals have any tips on doing this also?

I'm using a Canon 400D (any good for this type of shoot?)

I also wanted to know if I would be able to do a live shooting tethered, with the EOS utility I can get the photo up on screen the minute it is taken but I was wondering if I could do that live.
    As in a live view of what my camera is seeing before I shoot it, so it displays on my computer screen? Anyone know if I can do this?

Any other tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Not a Canon person, so I can't say for sure, but I don't believe the 400D has a Live view. With respect to your clothing shoot; what kind of shots are you after? The example isn't a typical catalogue shot (it's rather wrinkled and haphazard).

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    tethered shooting. I believe Canon includes software that lets you shoot with the camera tethered to a computer where your shots pop up on the screen as soon as you take them.

As for the clothing, that's easy. It's on a white back drop shot with a diffused light off to the right a little bit to show some texture.

Buying all new you could get the lighting you need for $140. If you're getting paid, this is a worthy investment that could help with future photography...that's if you don't have some lighting kit already.