First Crack at Motion Blur - C&C Please!!!

istaycrisp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

Haven't been able to get out to shoot anything this week so I have been taking shots of the sunset out of my window all week trying this and that. Some of you may have seen shots very similar throughout the week so I apologise for that, but unfortunately this is the only practice available to me at the moment! :confused: This evening I set my shutter speed at 6 seconds and waited for vehicles! My road isn't exactly a major highway so it was one car at a time but it is the technique that I was after...let me know what you think ;)

1)
002.jpg

2)
001.jpg

I'm not sure if you're after C&C on your technique of your photos...

They are both overall soft and slanted to the left. Your shutter speed isn't long enough, imo, as the trails suddenly stop. I'd like them to really go through the entire road, not stop halfway or in the crossroads.

The sky isn't of much importance in these, I'd suggest lowering your perspective to get more of the road. It seems to me you'ore shooting from your balcony, why not go down to the actual road? Your subject matter isn't interesting either.

As far as the technique goes, it seems to me you've grasped the idea - just find a more interesting road and frame your shots better. Lots of distracting things in these: sky, other cars, balcony, trails stopping in the middle of the road (your subjects have a distracting effect, which isn't ideal), window in TRC in #1, slanted framing.

New location and careful framing is my tips.

whoa, you need to go outside. The compositions don't come to you, you must seek them.

You're not under house arrest or something, are you? If not, there's this place called "outside" that has all sorts of things to photograph!

Are you under house arrest and can't leave the apartment without the anklet going off and your parole sending you back to the joint or what? From I see you do not suck as a photographer and could actually be pretty good if you got out more.

Have you ever considered looking inside your own apartment for instance? Or do you really think that we care about the same and exact photos over and over? If you can't get out of your house, shoot inside, find yourself some interesting subject. Experiment! This is not an experiment at all. Anybody can open his/her window, change one variable and push the trigger.
I'd rather not comment on these photos any further...

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for replying and secondly apologies for the repetition...and point taken! Work is crazy at the moment (feel free to prepare the violins) so I'm leaving early and getting home at around 9pm. I'm literally preparing food, and whilst doing so getting a few shots out of the window. For me it is worthwhile as I'm definitely learning more about the camera, lighting etc but I can see that for you guys it's probably monotonous and annoying! I just enjoy the interaction of posting them! After today though work should be back to normal and I can get outside and actually choose some shots. I don't want to become 'that guy' that annoys everyone on here so unless you move in next door you won't be seeing any of those scenes again :-D

After today though work should be back to normal and I can get outside and actually choose some shots. I don't want to become 'that guy' that annoys everyone on here so unless you move in next door you won't be seeing any of those scenes again :-D

Be sure to clear itwith your parole officer first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back