First Engagement Session

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I've posted anything on here, but I just finished up my first engagements session, and I would really like some CC on them. To be honest, I'm not the greatest at posing couples, so this was a bit of a struggle-zone for me. Also, I'm not sure about the editing. I do not have a calibrated monitor, and this has cause me a great deal of headache in the past. My next purchase: a desktop computer with a screen calibrator.

Anyway, the pictures:

9738092705_0dae2ff03a_k.jpg

ISO 200
62mm
f/4.8
1/100 sec.

9740300558_3d1ef70bac_k.jpg

ISO 200
150mm
f/7.1
1/100 sec

I'd really like some CC on the composition and the post production of these two shots.

Thank you in advance!

I like the first one. the grass looks like it's glistening, she looks really happy and it's nice to see them relaxed on the ground.
If I stare at it too long I start to wish he had on pants cause his left leg isn't so appealing. I also think it should be sharper, particularly.

the second one leaves something to be desired. the cropping isn't great, leaving the composition not so great, why the tree? (it takes a lot of space and not loving it.. .maybe if it were blurry?)... their expressions aren't so special and his tee shirt isn't very nice. it's less noticable in the first one. he can also pass for uninterested.

post production seems fine.

hope that's helpful! :)

Contrary to the above opinion, I much prefer No 2.
No 1 is OK, but the composirtion is not really creative, just a happy couple with what seems a lot of legs sticking in all directions
No 2 - I like this, definitely a nice close-up moment. I would like a bit more spase on the right to show the shape of her haircut rather than flatten it this way.
I do not like his t-shirt either, but I guess it says something about the guy, so photographically it is a good t-shirt, informative.

IMO, the first one has a strong color cast and the background (and his leg) are much too bright)
This correction for color isn't great but closer, I think.

9738092705_0dae2ff03a_kllll.jpg~original

Yes, the 1st picture is really looks great but somehow color reflection happens but ITS 100% well taken.

But the 2nd shot is not looks good. surrounding is not well planned and photography has taken unmindful.

I like the first one. the grass looks like it's glistening, she looks really happy and it's nice to see them relaxed on the ground.
If I stare at it too long I start to wish he had on pants cause his left leg isn't so appealing. I also think it should be sharper, particularly.

...and his tee shirt isn't very nice...

This is the third time I've shot this couple, and every time I do, they come mismatched and he's wearing shorts and one of those type t-shirts. I find it very frustrating! I'm taking these for free (he's my brother), so I'd like to be able to use these for my portfolio and advertising. With these outfits, however, that's not going to happen.

This is the third time I've shot this couple, and every time I do, they come mismatched and he's wearing shorts and one of those type t-shirts. I find it very frustrating! I'm taking these for free (he's my brother), so I'd like to be able to use these for my portfolio and advertising. With these outfits, however, that's not going to happen.

Tell him to wear big boy pants so his fleshy hairy legs don't spoil the picture.
And use a custom white balance.

So what have you discussed with them beforehand about clothing? Since you're doing them free, what about saying, "You know what? This is NOT going to work, so we'll try again tomorrow, and could you please think about what we talked about for clothing?"

Prior to this shoot, I told him that he needed to wear something nice. To him, this was "nice." This is him; this is his personality, and this is how he dresses. As a photographer, I want to capture that in my clients, so I'm really struggling with this...Part of me is frustrated by his clothing choice, but the other part of me realizes that this is his "style" and I don't want the pictures to be of someone he's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Has the bride said anything about what he wearing?

I really like the interaction that was occuring between the two of them here. Really sweet.

But one major issue that you really need to address as the photographer is WARDROBE.

The clothes they are wearing clash horribly, shes wearing a print and he has a loud print and flip flops on. You really want the clothing to stay basic.

Overall Im sure you did the best with what you had to work with.

If you were in this situation, what would you do? Knowing that this is how the clients normally dress, and that you mentioned to them to wear something nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Most reactions

Back