jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The hummingbirds are back for the year. This is a Black-chinned Hummingbird. Shot through the window. Won't be going out to shoot today, because the wind is horrible.

apr07202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
f/6.3 1/1600 ISO 400 @600mm

Very nice, Jeff. My wife thinks she saw one flitting at the feeder in the front a couple evenings ago. It seems a bit early and cool here though.

Good looking bird and a very nice shot.....
Thank you!
Very nice, Jeff. My wife thinks she saw one flitting at the feeder in the front a couple evenings ago. It seems a bit early and cool here though.
Thank you! We just had our first warm week this past week, and actually hit 90F. We have a couple of cool days right now, with the nights dipping into the upper 40's, but apparently those little birdies are ok with that.

I swear I've seen this picture before.

Ha! :wink-6: Nice shot, wish I would see one to shoot, they're very cool.

I swear I've seen this picture before.

Ha! :wink-6: Nice shot, wish I would see one to shoot, they're very cool.
I learned this morning that it sits in a tree across our back alley and watches me, and waits for me to go inside, then comes over to the feeder. I got a shot of it sitting in the tree with the morning sun on it that I'll post later today.

Nice shot, Jeff. I have seen a couple of them around here, and I'm thinking of installing a feeder. It's a lot easier than chasing them around the yard.. They are fun to shoot.

Nice shot, Jeff. I have seen a couple of them around here, and I'm thinking of installing a feeder. It's a lot easier than chasing them around the yard.. They are fun to shoot.
Thanks! I just put a Rio Dipledenia out on the patio to hopefully attract more of them, and am considering planting a trumpet vine next to the bird feeder, so that it will hide the wrought iron and look more natural, and attract even more hummingbirds. :)

Nice one Jeff. I can’t wait until they find their way here.

The first one through the window has nice detail. The second copped one is very nice too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back