First local band pics cc welcome- pic heavy

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot number 5 and 11 are my favorites.

The rest aren't sharp or even in focus, now that might be because of a High ISO, JPEG compression or a crop.

How is the composition and the lighting? It was dark. I did use a high ISO and a 1.4 F-stop.

Using f/1.4 is likely a major part of why the images are not in focus. Depth-of-field to shallow.
AF needs light to function properly and there may not have been sufficient light. That depends to a degree on what camea you used and what focus and focus area modes you used.
Understanding Depth of Field in Photography

How is the composition and the lighting? It was dark. I did use a high ISO and a 1.4 F-stop.

I can't access the images for some reason. From memory the shot that stood out the most had a blue pick holder or capo on top of the guitar and it was taken from top down. I really liked this

Using f/1.4 is likely a major part of why the images are not in focus. Depth-of-field to shallow.
AF needs light to function properly and there may not have been sufficient light. That depends to a degree on what camea you used and what focus and focus area modes you used.
Understanding Depth of Field in Photography
I used a Nikon D810 and 50mm lens.
It was on appeture mode

I'm just getting an error message but am thinking of some photos you posted the other day; it may be technical issues as much as anything that you need to look at.

This type lighting can be challenging and from what I've read, supposedly we can actually focus a camera better ourselves in low light than a camera can autofocus. You might consider learning how to shoot manually and figure out settings in a variety of lighting conditions. If I'm in a situation having difficulty focusing I'll often try to find something with a hard edge to it, focus on that, then reframe the shot.

I think one of the mistakes I see people posting about seems to be trying to do photos for other people before taking time to get in plenty of practice and learning first.You want to get to the point that you don't have to think too much about how to set the camera (because you know what to do). Even if you are getting good at composing images it takes getting a proper exposure and sharp focus on a consistent basis. If you have ability then also take time to practice enough to be able to produce quality results and go from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back