First Macros

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just tried out my new macro lens. The light source was too harsh on the leaf shot so I got the blown out reflections. :( And the 2nd shot- is it too bland? Anyway, I'm enjoying my new toy! :)

_macrotest3001expjb.jpg

_tom1004expjb.jpg

is the 2nd picture a cut tomato? I really like the first shot alot - I love the colors in it :thumbup:

i think the first shot is a bit off in its focus... the whole leaf should be sharp as nails... what lens?

i think the first shot is a bit off in its focus... the whole leaf should be sharp as nails... what lens?
Pentax DA 35mm. It was f8 @ 1 sec (I believe) and the leaf was attached to the plant, so any stray air current had a bad effect on the exposure, plus the leaf is not exactly flat, which was the cause of the focus thing on the left, I think. Does more than the far right portion seem off-focus to you? Certainly, my setup or environmental factors are more likely to cause things to go awry than the lens itself. :lmao: Maybe I should try it with a "liberated" leaf?

And yes that is a tomato. For being a ho-hum model, I ate it.

Last edited:
Very nice. You can actually see the cell structure in that tomato! :thumbup:

Thanks, all! And do get a macro ASAP. :)

I'm loving my Pentax DA 35 Ltd. BTW- super lightweight and compact, and I am more and more impressed with it's optical qualities.

The second one looks like a monster with its arm up to its face, his wearing a hood and the green things are its eyes and mouth. Badass

Most reactions

Back