First Manual Shots With My D5100

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I finally did it. Shot some manual shots. You know it wasn't that hard, I set the camera on Manual, looked at the light meter, Adjusted the aperture,
to dead center. took a picture. then adjusted 1 stop up, click. Then one stop down, click..put the card in the puter to see the effects.
This may sound preschool to most, but for somone that has not shot manual in 50 years this is a big step, Just wanted to share. Later Ed

You have to start somewhere and that's good beginning. Its that you played with more than exactly what the meter told you to do. It will show you can creatively achieve other than just a "correctly exposed" picture.

That's a good start, just keep working at it and you'll be happy with your results because they'll be getting better and better. Everyone starts off with a passion when they get into photography but not everyone sticks with it through all the tough times to see that light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks for the incouragement. Step at a time.

(another) Good on ya'! :thumbsup: So do the aperture thing for a week, then the shutter speed thing for a week and then the ISO thing for a week. You'll be surprised what focused practice do for you.

Remember, just take.....

Last edited by a moderator:
(another) Good on ya'! :thumbsup: So do the aperture thing for a week, then the shutter speed thing for a week and then the ISO thing for a week. You'll be surprised what focused practice do for you.

Remember, just take.....

Thanks. your a good guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back