First Maternity Shoot (C&C)

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
lawrenceburnsphotography.yolasite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Six shots from my first maternity shoot, just wanted some good C&C from you guys.

IMG_9136ce.jpg

IMG_9104ce.jpg

IMG_9080e.jpg

IMG_8989e.jpg

IMG_8887e.jpg

IMG_8848ec.jpg

#1 looks to be a hair underexposed, I like it except you gave her a little hair cut.
#2 I see flash fired, but the left side of her face has some scattered shadows.
#3 I really like the composition of 3, sky is blows out though, and I would try to remove the lines on her forehead, nice focus on her eyes.
-edit-
#4 Nice, the sun on the top left of her head is a little distracting,.
#5 I like 5, very nice. Very well exposed.
#6 Excellent, great capture, whose idea was this?

Good job on these, she has beautiful eyes, those catchlights look great in them.

Last edited:
#1 looks to be a hair underexposed, I like it except you gave her a little hair cut.

Yes, unfortunately the location was VERY cluttered. I cropped as openly as I could, but any higher would have put some pretty distracting colors and objects in that were too big to edit out.

#5 Excellent, great capture, whose idea was this?

Thanks, I guess the credit for the pose would have to go to her, the image quality itself is a little bit of skill and a lot of luck, and the horses in the background was just something that happened and we took advantage of it.

I screwed up my numbering! I skipped #4, let me go correct it! It was 6 that I really liked, not 5....not that there is anything wrong with 5 either, but I like 6. lol

ohhh I like them all but if I had to say something I would say less photoshop on the eyes, they almost look like glam toddler eyes.

And the first pic, great pic, but I would have not used the belt

Ha ha... That was just something that kind of happened and we both went with it. One of my favorite shots from the whole shoot as well.

It definately worked, its a keeper. I am sure she loved it if she has seen them.

She has seen 3 of these and 1 other that I didn't include here for sure. Hopefully she saw the rest today. Had to mail the DVD to her because she lives a little too far to drive just to deliver it.

Her exact words were "they're perfect!" for the ones she did see :D

Maybe next time you could go for a sightly larger size, like say 2560 pixels on the long side.

I would also say for the horse shot to photoshop the gunk out of the eye and nose.... When I did click on it to make it larger I wanted to throw up looking at the eye boogers. It took away from the wonderful shot!
Just something maybe to get the picture looking amazing!

For maternity pictures I tend to like a more natural look to the mamma - here her eye makeup is a bit much, and tends to be a tad distracting. Not saying she shouldn't wear ANY, just to tone it down a bit.

#1 - her face seems to really be the focus here, but I think in a maternity shoot the focus should be more on the belly, especially with a shot like this. Except for her face, she is very blurry.

#2 - I REALLY like this one! The shadows on her face have already been mentioned, and that's really the only thing I would change.

#3 - also very good. She seems very relaxed.

#4 I wouldn't have used the belt, or would have used one slightly narrower. It looks very uncomfortable and unnatural. In fact her whole body says "THIS HURTS". It seems like it would be very awkward, like she is really bracing herself on her left arm. Very nice setting though!

#5 - All I can say is WOW. I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

#6 - LOVE IT. I would have at least wiped the horse's eye and nose, or edit the gunkies out. Also the top of her dress is pulled back quite a bit on the right side, looks like she's gonna pop out of that any minute lol.

Overall I really like all of them, especially the last two. She is beautiful and has a fantastic smile.

no 6 is my favourite too,PERFECT.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back