First Paid Engagement session.. C&C Please!

LizzyQ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are my first engagement photos for a friend of mine. Please offer C&C. THanks!

The first ones are my favorites and the last ones are the couple's faves.

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

Honorable mentions & candids...
IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_2948-2.jpg

IMG_3129-1.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3162-2.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

Why Did you post this in two different areas?

sorry.. i posted it over there before I realized it should be over here. :blushing:

Congradulations on your first paid shoot!! I remember mine. It's an exciting/anxious moment when you put your work out there for the clients to view for the first time. So, how did your clients like your work? Any feedback from them?

Congradulations on your first paid shoot!! I remember mine. It's an exciting/anxious moment when you put your work out there for the clients to view for the first time. So, how did your clients like your work? Any feedback from them?

She loves them! They can't decide which is their favorite to use for their invitations, but wants to frame a lot of the candid shots.

They are nice but I wish they would have worn something other than concert t-shirts.

I think you did well for your first paid job, congrats. I, too, don't like the band shirts, but hey, if that's their thing.. why not?

Some of the shots seem a little overexposed which causes you to loose detail; the ones in the shade are nicely done. Are you planning on doing any Photoshop work to them?

Would you mind if I gave it a shot?

They are nice but I wish they would have worn something other than concert t-shirts.

I know.. but that's what they wanted. :lol:

I agree.. here's my go at them.

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

awesome.. thanks.. :mrgreen:

anyone is welcome to make their own edits too.. it helps me learn more.. so go for it!

:hail:parago! The master!

Here was my go at the first one.. the highlights are blown and it was really low res.. It might be too warm. But anyhoo..

ignore me. the color is off and i don't have the patience to fix it right now!! :p

Nice shots man! Good work on your first gig. I agree the shots could benefit from some gentle post work.

Parago, What did you do to the third pic? It looks like you increased saturation, added a bit of contrast, darkened background, added some bloom, some vignetting and...is that some radial motion blur as well? Or are my eyes deceiving me.

Yikes! Good work.

Although I think your first one is a tad overdone.

Nice shots man! Good work on your first gig. I agree the shots could benefit from some gentle post work.

Parago, What did you do to the third pic? It looks like you increased saturation, added a bit of contrast, darkened background, added some bloom, some vignetting and...is that some radial motion blur as well? Or are my eyes deceiving me.

Yikes! Good work.

Although I think your first one is a tad overdone.

Spot on =)

I use Kubota Imaging Tools (Edge Blur Modified, Starburst Vignette and Lord of The Rings Everyday) and Actions and Nik Color Effects (Brilliance and Warmth and also Dynamic Skin Softener)

The reason the first one looks overdone (her skin, right?) is that they're such low res images since I grabbed them off the page here that it's hard to be subtle with it. If I had the original, it'd be more appropriate and I could adjust it a little better.. ;)

I couldn't keep my hands off of these two. Although the concert shirts can be a bummer, it tosses all formal stuffiness out the window. This means get funky with the creative styling.

I really felt that this couple would love very creative images. This is a gift and a world of opportunity to find new styles.

I used Kubota Actions on both these images and a little bit of extra tweaking.

Actions used on couple:

"Digital fill Flash" AV2...on the couple
"Smokeless burn" AV2...I add a bit around the edges
"Ancient" AV4...This is the darkness.
"Landscape Radiance" AV2...punched that saturation.
"Border Black with white vert" Production 2...The frame with a color picked keyline from the image.
"Amazing Detail finder CS2" AV2...I used this on his eyes and a touch on hers.

I also use the patch tool to get rid of the dirt clod and replace it with extra flower. I cropped the image just a touch.

forumcouple3.jpg

Actions used on the gal:

"KevX Process Combo" AV1...This adds an serious color pop.
"Digital fill flash" AV2...eyes eyes and more eyes
"Eye color enhancer" AV3...eyes
"Dark line eraser" AV3...Under the eyes
"The New BW" AV2...The black and white. There is a mask already set up to paint back in color. I painted back the eyes super light and the flower slowly building the color.
"Smokeless Burn" AV2...This is a great tool for making a personal vignette. I painted just the outside edges.

I cropped it just a touch, and added a medium sloppy border called "Candy".

fourmcouple2.jpg

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

Most reactions

Back