First photo for critque

Tonks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soopahgal.com
I'm still set up for this shot, and have a few different versions, but here's the one I've processed so far. I think I have one with all the elements completely in frame as well, I'll have to look.

Anyway, comments are welcome. ;)

powder.jpg

Hrmm. Hard to come up with anything I find wrong with this shot. I think it's a great still life. Great lighting, composition and contrast. I would like to see it from a slightly lower angle as it feels like it's leaning a bit. Other than that good work! :thumbsup:

It looks very professional.

I think the background is a little too dark, the tips of the upright brushes are getting lost in the darkness.

I'd like to see more DOF so that all the objects are crisp.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you Mike. I'll work on it in PS and see if I can't bring them out from that background with some levels adjustments.

I'll shoot a few more, with greater DOF as well.

I don't know about the flower, it just looks out of place to me. The other items all have somthing to do with one another.

I like your tiny flowers here. It adds another touch of the feminine here. It's a lovely arrangement. Get on the DOF issue so it's a mite sharper and you'll have perfection! :D

yeah, i have to agree, the flower is a great idea, adds up a bit of colour to this gray world... :D just a suggestion, i don't know how it would work out, but why not put a mirror behind the elements?? that will take care of the black whiskers of the brushes merging into the grayness of the table...dunno...if there is something that i understand less than baseball and politics, that's fashion :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back