first post. a few shots from my last roll.

Duce!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
whats up, just using my first post to share some photos from my last roll, photo is a big hobby of mine. Although im new i AM familiar with this forum layout, my car (BMW e30) forum uses the same software. and before you ask, YES i am aware of the search feature. I've never shared any of my photography, so im just looking for constructive critisism, compliments, etc... you know.... any way. these were shot with a 35mm pentax zxL then the negatives were scanned to CD and minimal photoshopping was done (resize, brightness, contrast, colors) nothing crazy. let me know what you think! All high res available too.

35mm_1a.jpg

35mm_2a.jpg

35mm_3a.jpg

35mm_4a.jpg

thanks for looking!

forgot to mention im looking for critique, any would be really appreciated!

Hmmm...it seems you have your own style (that I like) going here, but they aren't quite doing it for me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to critique you...

What else ya got?

Welcome Duce!

This is the third time I am into your thread, looking at your photos...
They are different. Therefore please give people time to think them over and reply then, will you ;).
I'm not overly happy about the overexposures in most of them.
And I am no fan of flash. Which is why the first with the flash-lit fence does not do it for me. But that is only me. Others may very well think differently.
The last is also different in its choice of motif and framing, but again the hot spot on the shoes caused by the flash is highly distracting.

Show us more, will you?

i dont have anymore worth posting, soon i will, im shooting a roll when i get home today.

What the DUCE!!

Welcome Duce...Like LaFoto mention, I'm also not a very big fan of flash. To me, it will usually make something look blown out and un-natural. It seems that you have your own style and that's great...different is always a good thing. My only suggestion to you is that you just go out and develope your eye and take pictures of things you like..

As for the pictures...remember, this is only how I feel about them...

#1: I like the lighting in the background. It has a nice soft feeling and is spread nicely through the picture. The part that kills it for me is how the fence is blown out and the chain mesh is out of focus. I think you had the right idea with this picture...maybe you could try reshooting it a few times and see if you can reproduce anything that you like even more...

#2: My biggest problem with this one is that I can't really tell what it is. I know it's a light...but I can't see anything else. I can't tell what is around it except for one or two leaves...It's hard to critique this one because all that can really be commented on is the lighting and composition...I think the lighting is fine...I just think it is lacking some composition...

#3: The first thing I looked at (which will be different for everyone...mostly) is the green light spot on the left side of the picture. It was a little distracting for me. As for the rest of the picture, I like the pine needles. I just think that the way you have it composed is tough to look at because there is very soft light in one section and then very harsh light in another...

#4: I don't have much to say about #4...I like it...the only thing I don't like is the blown out shoe from the flash.

Overall I think the biggest thing that I have a problem with is that the lighting is very harsh in spots on all of your pictures and then on other spots...it's very soft. If you like this...than there is no problem and you should always shoot what you like...they are your pictures after all...

Anyway, hope that helps...don't take me too seriously, though, I'm still learning alot everyday. :thumbup:

thanks man, i have to work on using a different light source rather then the flash, some places were just too dark with no flash. ill see what i can get
thanks again, i appreciate the tips!

Duce! said:
thanks man, i have to work on using a different light source rather then the flash, some places were just too dark with no flash. ill see what i can get
thanks again, i appreciate the tips!

My advice...buy a tripod and work with the ambient lighting...(use longer exposures...and if the lighting still isn't good enough, make some of your own. :mrgreen: )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back