First Post! Need OM4 Help

KEP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello from Canada! Glad to be here.

I bought an OM4 recently and the viewfinder display isn't working. I like fixing cameras, but I need information about where to start. Anyone have any information or experience with this issue? Know of any information sources?

Hi there, does not bode too well as electronics for older cameras can be a PITA to fix - I assume you mean the LCD display along the bottom of the viewfinder?
The LCD gets its viewability through the window above the 'Olympus' logo on the prism front, assume this is clear and not covered with tape etc? A button at the right side of the lens mount (just by the OM-4 logo) activates illumination for the display - have you tried this?

I assume you have already checked the condition of the battery compartment for past leakage corrosion?

Otherwise I think it's off to the repair shop, ask for a refund, or count your losses and look for a replacement unit (tested this time!). Depending on your tinkering ability you could try to remove the bottom plate and check the cable solder has not come adrift.

Hello and welcome. If you bought this camera from a dealer send it back...

Was a private sale.

I still want to try to fix it. Maybe there are someone who likes to tinker has some advice.

IMO.......Worth it to just send to Garry's for a $78 overhaul.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back