First quick try at HDR

moovinfast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How'd I do? Am I on the right track?

2766376272_1b12219cc8_o.jpg

Not a wide range of dark/light to me... Then again my monitor sucks... Doesnt look like a HDR type of photo to me... HDRs arent meant for every shot.

The first image seems about 2/3 stop underexposed overall (except for the sky), the second has that rather cartoon-like quality of many HDRs. While that's certainly a valid artistic style, I'm not terribly keen on it as a photograph. Prodigy is correct when he says that HDR isn't meant for every situation; IMO, the first is actually the better image because it doesn't look like an HDR, it looks like a photograph. As an aside, both images need levelling! ;)

I quite like the second one, although to be honest, I'm not quite sure why. I guess because it looks (and don't take this the wrong way) so weird. The first one is good for a photograph, but I think it doesn't make a great HDR image, and overall, the photo seems slightly underexposed.

Still, nice photographs!

I know they both need leveling and the second one needs to be cropped. Just wanted to see how the conversion went. I'm not really sure what to do with the first one. If I try to make it look like its not underexposed I lose the color in the sky I wanted to capture.

Most reactions

Back